• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New 4x5 DELUXE 1 Man Perm-Portable

Laska

So after the windy conditions experienced on winnie I decided to make a 1man permenant portable darkhouse for myself.

heres the specs

6ft 3" tall 4ft wide by 5ft long

spear hole is 37x23

It has a mounted buddy heater

carpeted, including hinged spear hole cover

inside is now all black painted

3/4" insulation thru out the whole thing

framed with all 2x2's

7/16th plywood for floor with the new laminated protective metal on one side,they use it on house now instead of plastikc wrap before siding...

It has 3 rattle wheel which il post later.... anyways heres some pics...

2011-12-22200940.jpg

bare frame

2011-12-24145105.jpg

sheeted

2011-12-27212420.jpgdoor shut-painted black now

2011-12-27212254.jpg

mounted heater

2011-12-27212153.jpg

2011-12-24145147.jpg

silver ring on bottom for clipping spear line to shack

2011-12-27212349.jpg

2011-12-27212236.jpg

shelf

Ill have more pics tomorrow, adding vents tomorrow then figuring out ski's then its done...

the heater is back all the way away from the hole and at an angle where it cant be seen to the hole, plus ill be sitting in front of it, there is a shelf above to move the air forward rather then just straight up, i have been thinking of switching to my milk house heater which would have to sit on the floor I just like space on the floor for my coat or fish or whatev thats why I put the heater up, no matter where I have the heater im still gonna roast like a thanksgiving turkey. Ill be putting vents in tomorrow ill take pics of the placement of everything better tomorrow

elwood you have a pic of your ski system for ur old permport I cant remember but I like how you could remove them

I have a angle iron frame around the house with tubing welded on each end then the skis are a rounded angle iron with smaller tubing than on the frame around the fish house.

I cannt find any pics quick so I will have to look

check out the ones on Shack Mods

rattle wheels

2011-12-28224627-1.jpg

veiw from hole

2011-12-28224807-1.jpg

all black

2011-12-28225002-1.jpg

floor and back of shack

2011-12-28224826-1.jpg

Outside door painted- yes those are diet pepski's in the corner smile

2011-12-28224912-1.jpg

milkhouse heater Im thinkin of using

2011-12-28225849.jpg

vents in and then the ski's today... pics soon

Be careful with that milk house heater in that little house make sure the flame is burning properly and not a orange flame. I got Carbon monoxide poisoning from that same style heater in a small porty years ago,if I wasn't out with friends probably wouldn't have made it off the lake.

I have put those vents in my portable also. I found they let allot of light in. My solution (because you need fresh air) I bought black pvc that the vent will fit right inside and cut to across the house from one vent to the other, then I drilled several holes (4 in my case) 1" in diameter in the middle of the pipe. Cuts back on light and still vents plus if its to windy put some tape over a hole or 2.

well i picked up the conduit for ski's, $20 so that aint bad, should have ski's by monday all good to go!

As far as the vents my outside ones come flush with my insulation so what ill do is use dealer's idea but cut the inside ones down to almost just the vent part then caulk and place them facing up like he has it then paint everything black and I should be good to go! pics soon also

Ill have new pics up tomorrow, got the ski framing done today, getting it welded up tomorrow then installing the tubes on the shack then paint and my shack will be done! Hopefully this cold weather will get me enough iceto test my shack out by the end o the week!

2012-01-04165730.jpg

Ski's on

2012-01-04165714-1.jpg

front side with ski's

2012-01-04165621.jpg

backside with ski's

2012-01-04165357.jpg

Ski's themselves

We got 6" of good clear solid ice and my spot is only 50yrds if that from the landing, so Im gonna try and get this out tomorrow, hopefully in the morning then spearing in the pm we'll see I guess Im really glad its done now. Most def dark inside! If I get it out Ill take a pic to complete the project!