• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

kubel's gone too

B. Amish

And Nishioka is at DH if he makes the trip north ? Kubel is a junior big papi in my eyes, pretty decent eye, yes he needs to lay off the duece in the dirt, good luck Kubel, he could really have a big power year, he's coming into his prime, health is his issue, but yes get out of target field. Well M & M, we barely made the playoffs in your MVP years needing game 163 and help so get that real or phantom injury ready. Good luck Kubel, that was my last shirt/jersey time to buy the Butera and Parmalee shirts.

Very sorry to see him go. That kid can flat out hit! Look for 25+ homeruns this year and a .300+ average.

Good luck Jason!!

While I would love to see this happen for Jason's sake, I don't think it's possible. The NL doesn't have a DH, and how can you expect his knees to hold up for a whole seasons worth of playing LF? I give this a ~1% chance of happening.

This was a bad signing for the Dbacks, being they payed 7.5 mil a year. There is a reason we had Kubel DH and Delmon Young play LF, and it's not because of Young's defensive skills.

Kubel will play 125 games and hit 25 homeruns in Arizona. The dome took it's toll on Kubel as far as his legs go. Target field drained his power numbers. There was no incentive for him to play after July 1st last year. The Twinks were buried by then. Arizona should be a serious Series contender and I expect Kubel to have a big year.

It is scary some, what is Justin Morneau's status ? Like Toronto and Jose Batista leading the league in Jacks etc., even if M and M have MVP type numbers etc. is doesn't mean we have enough to make the playoffs, I almost think and I pray I'm wrong but Morneau doesn't seem to truly love baseball, I could see him walking away from the game, pockets lined. I don't know, he wanted to play all 162 was that to maximize his stats for a new big contract or ? Then again Corey Koskie, looked harmless enough and it ended his career unfortunately, could be Morneau also, I love the guy but wish he'd take on an interview just to see what he feels and what the deal is. Kubel, good luck Elk hunting in Arizona and now we don't have to listen to you or Cuddy take all the press again this year, lets go Joe Joe, step up Captain of the football,basketball,baseball teams at Cretin, it's your team now.

It is scary some, what is Justin Morneau's status ? Like Toronto and Jose Batista leading the league in Jacks etc., even if M and M have MVP type numbers etc. is doesn't mean we have enough to make the playoffs, I almost think and I pray I'm wrong but Morneau doesn't seem to truly love baseball, I could see him walking away from the game, pockets lined. I don't know, he wanted to play all 162 was that to maximize his stats for a new big contract or ? Then again Corey Koskie, looked harmless enough and it ended his career unfortunately, could be Morneau also, I love the guy but wish he'd take on an interview just to see what he feels and what the deal is. Kubel, good luck Elk hunting in Arizona and now we don't have to listen to you or Cuddy take all the press again this year, lets go Joe Joe, step up Captain of the football,basketball,baseball teams at Cretin, it's your team now.

From what I read Morneau says he feels OK but really won't know until he starts working out in spring training. The lack of both the M&M boys healthy will spell the end of any chance to contend. With them, contending is still a long shot with the pitching or lack of they have. Kubel was never looked at as a leader I don't think. Cuddyer was the guy who kept the rest of the guys in line in the clubhouse. On the field it's all Morneau when healthy. He is the guy on the Twins who will step out there and lead by example when healthy. Mauer is flat out the best player in the American league when healthy. You don't win batting titles and MPV awards without having immense talent.

Will those two guys stay healthy? Check back in Sept. grin

Check back at the all-star break where the season could be gone already. I'd like to see them get an MVP outside of the dome also, the dome was the best hitting venue in the majors in my book, I've played enough baseball there to know I could hit far better there in perfect weather conditions than anyplace else, high hopper basehits, people losing the ball for cheap hits, no wind element,same temperature every day,no ringing hands, no bugs when batting, no heat as I was a catcher, no sunburn, no eye black needed, sneaky hits just squeeking up the middle or in the holes, great background/batters eye, now it's time to get that rollin at target field.

This mornings paper had Morneau saying he is still experiencing post concussion symptoms after workouts. I'm of the opinion that this is probably a career ending, not threatning, injury. As said before it's Koskie all over again and I think it's time to plan without having him available next year. Fantasy I know but Fielder would look awful good at first base for the Twins next year.

Minnesota voodoo. Mbakwe for the gophers, AP for the vikes, Morneau for the twins, etc. Ready for another Tosoni,Butera,Dinkelman,Benson,Plouffe,Parmalee, kind of season? Grab a roster so you can figure out what to yell when they come to the plate.

Koskie, Morneau, both like hockey, both from canada, maybe Twins scouts shouldn't look for that combo, lol. From what Parmalee showed late last year he is promising. I bet they are gonna go into spring training with him at first unless they come up with a free agent. Plus, isn't he a right handed batter? Put Morneau as dh if he gets healthy.

Very sorry to see him go. That kid can flat out hit! Look for 25+ homeruns this year and a .300+ average.

Good luck Jason!!

I love Kubs too, but there is almost no chance of that. He hasn't been the same player since he tore those three ligaments in his knee.

My skinny with switching leagues and facing all brand new pitchers for the most part is it'll be boom or bust. He always gives 110% so I'm thinking he'll do well and hope he does. Kubel's health will be his key to Arizona. I sure hope we have some players ready for the year to help us not wish them both back.