• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Red Bull Crashed ice

Hole Hog

REDBULLCRASHEDICE.COM Jan. 14 Saint Paul

Any body going to check this out..If your not sure what it is.

These crazy people from all over the world (no one from the us has won it yet..this is the year!) strap on hockey skates and whatever pads they have and drop in a huge down hill ice corse with mogels and jumps,burms..they race like 6 skaters at a time..so there flying all over..I'll be there with a cow bell. haha, check it out on you tube and let me know what you think.

PS..I need one of these T-shirts they advertise.

From the little I've read its because the sport isn't very big here so not many Americans compete in it. Sounds like it is much bigger in Europe and Canada.

I didn't even know about it until last week and I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

I want to go check it out but the wife comes home from a long work trip to china on Saturday. I don't think I'm getting a hall pass this weekend for anything.

I went and checked out the course. Wow, super cool. How they got permission from the cathederal is beyond me. I saw tryouts were at the x for this a couple weeks past. I have a budy who is doing it for the 3rd time. I think the americans don't win because they come right off the strees for it.

I don't know how they think 75k are going. There is no room at the location. For those who don't know, it starts on the catherdeal grounds and end right above the 35e s on ramp from kellog

Ya I think someone would need a lot of experience running these tracks to compete in this stuff. Being fast is good but you need a lot more than that to survive this stuff.

I do recognize a few of the usa names, probably a few I am missing too.

Ben Grotting WI

Brian Bonin Gophs

Adam Gerlach Kato

Sounds like they had their first major injury during practice this week.

Some guy severly fractured his ankle, tibia and fibula. Sounds like he's got a bunch of new hardware including plates and pins insert from his ankle into his hip.

I'm not sure how guys off the street are expected to compete and remain safe. It looks like these guys are flying around and falling all over each other in the videos. The potential to catch a flying skate int he face or land awkwardly and shatter bones is just way too high for me to give it a shot.