• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I just got a Glock 23 and want to go out shooot. I picked up a box of herters ammo. I noticed there are alot of different types of ammo out there and was wondering what is a good brand? Mainly for just target practice. I know when i use to shoot back in college that it was either remington or winchester bullets were really dirty. I dont have aproblem cleaning the pistol but was just wondering what other types out there are good.

thanks

I have been shooting all federals because that is what I got a good deal on, but I also shoot winchester white box out of my brothers 9 and they all seem fine.

If your are wondering what is a good brand to shoot out of your gun, you will have to go out and try a few different brands. Every gun likes different ammo.

Like Lakeshoremunster said, every gun likes different brands and or loads. Pick up a few different brands and a few different loads and see what your gun likes.

I've yet to shoot a factory load that can compete with my handloads in my 40cal 24c as far as accuracy goes, and my gun just happens to like a cleaner burning powder (bluedot), which really helps with fouling as well. However, I also haven't shot a factory load for a few years, so I don't know if any newer factory loads are using bluedot. When I still shot a few factory loads, mine liked the blazer brass's 165gr. fmj's the best. I doubt I'd ever go back to factory loads though because reloading is a $ saver if you shoot a lot, an awesome way to experiment to really give your gun what it likes, and its a great hobby.

Either way, its a blast. Hope you find a brand/load your 23 likes.