• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Going Crazy

Gordie

I'm sitting hear looking at the lake and I can't even think about getting out because of a back injury..

This bites big time

I really. really want to go spearing but all it would take is one wrong step and I'm done for even longer I will find out more from the doc Thursday but I think i will be have surgery on my back early next week then it will be a few weeks before I can get out to do anything

Just gonna bite the bullet and get thru it and hope that I can spear at Spearfest

I would of probably drove North to spear already and had pics to share.

Guys please please start posting some pics and tell some storys so I can live some of this season thru your adventures

Thanks and Good luck to all and STAY SAFE

Elwood,

I hope your back gets better soon. Does Joey spear? if he does and he needs help getting a spear house out let me know I can help him get it out. on a lighter note if you are going to be down for awhile and have your portable spear house just sitting and not being used would you rent it to me until you're better. I want to try spearing this year and plan to try my flip over portable fish house(hope it is dark enough).

Thanks guys but I think that looking over the hole is a back killer so i'm just gonna sit it out for awhile .

Brad I have a extra spear shack that you could use if you need it. I dont need to rent it out you can just use the darn thing I might even have a extra spear you could use.

Pm me and we can talk about it

Thanks guys but I think that looking over the hole is a back killer so i'm just gonna sit it out for awhile .

Brad I have a extra spear shack that you could use if you need it. I dont need to rent it out you can just use the darn thing I might even have a extra spear you could use.

Pm me and we can talk about it

I was being sarcastic about the renting it part. I fiqured you had a extra spear shack you would let me use/try. I'll PM you in a week or two. I want the ice to get a little thicker yet. I do have my new nims spear and I also picked up a fishtoy's ice saw. All I need to get is a decoy but I figured I would just use a live sucker until I got a decoy.

All I need to get is a decoy but I figured I would just use a live sucker until I got a decoy.

1 decoy just is not gonna cut it grin Its like fishing tackle you can never have to much laugh

Anytime Brad when ever you want to use it you welcome to that portable

are the plastic ones any good or should I just get some hand craved ones right away and be done with it.

Mrklean,

I was thinking of trying to get out on sunday over on Dean lake but I have never been on that lake and don't know the water clarity and if there is a good number of northerns in it. If I don't try spearing there I might just fish for gills and crappies and eyes instead. there is about 4 inches of ice out there right now. last night there was 4 guys out fishing the lake and tonight there was only 2.

Gordie,

if your back allows could you keep me updated on the lake you are on. I would even consider trying there.

Before you know it Brad you'll have both along side a live decoy in the hole the plastic one s work and so do the hand carved ones. Some people like handcarved and some like plastic.

The one that is better is the one thats in the hole when the pike comes in.

Like I said you cant have to many decoys..

Put it this way do you only have one fishing lure?