• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

gold rush season 2

broken_line

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the show, but I really hate the drama. After every show, I tell myself I am done watching it, but I end up watching it again, I guess it helps that they play the new episode several times during the week.

They should ditch the rest of them and focus on the kid.

I look forward to his segments the most.

How awesome would that be, 16 and running a gold mine.

The kid's sharp too.

The one episode where he bought that old generator plant, and thought to take the fuel out, and still resell it for a profit.

Well, they found some gold tonight. I think this year they will break even. It will be interesting to see what happens with James though. I also felt bad for the grandpa getting yelled at. That poor kid is looking a little stressed!

Parker is getting a little big for his britches.

A lot is riding on a young kid. His choices are on the line. I don't blame him for getting mad, he could have just handled it differently and not talked to his grandpa the way he did.

We all get a little bit big for our "britches," Some more then others. At least he manned up and admitted the way he handled it was not good and he was a little hard on his grandpa. I know you wouldn't do that Dan.

I am sure we all could say a few people on here get a little big for their britches. Lets just not be so quick to judge certain people and take a look in the mirror Dan...

Imagine if that was your crew and your reputation on the line and there was still time to work a little more. You wouldn't be mad that your crew was shut down with out your consent? I know I would, even more so if money is being wasted in doing so.

Regardless of the situation I would not talk to my grandfather like that without the expectation of a whoopin to follow. But that's just me and didn't think what happened requires an episode of Dr. Phil.

If your grandfarther read your posts youd be standing all the time when posting on here.

If one of the Hoffman's guarantees one more thing that fails 20 seconds later I swear I'm gonna drive to Oregon and kick them both in the %$^$^%. I don't know why I continue to watch.

And yes Parker deserved a timeout for talking to his Grandpa like that.

At one time I had hoped a bear would eat all of the Hoffman bunch but now I kind of feel bad for a couple of the guys. Todd and his dad, Mr. "That's just drop dead fantastic" can just stay in Canada for all I care. Those two have at least been portrayed as leading on the guys all the while having no idea what they are doing or even having a plan. How much truth there is, is up for debate. I am hopeful the kid gets on the gold though. The same with Dakota Fred, just for the fact that he can rub it in the Hoffman's faces.

Yeah if the gold mining thing doesn't pan out (what a great pun grin) for the Hoffman's they may have a future in politics. They are pretty fluent in Blue Schist. If Todd put half as much effort into actually working as he did into his little pep talks they may actually be productive. I am amazed at the lack of common sense in the operation. The one episode they spent a bunch of time and burned a lot of fuel, THEN decided to do some test hole boring to see if that was the area they should look for gold in crazy ... Good entertainment though, I'll watch the entire season.

Gotta remember that we dont'y even see an 1/8th of what really goes on. Discovery makes it that way with editing. I bet they are going full bore all the time. Disc makes it seem like they work one day a week.

Yea there's a lot of editing going on and time lines get messed with but with that said why didn't they do a clean out when the loader went down? They stated they ran quite a bit of dirt at that point.

The greatest part of these shows is that no matter how bad the show actually is, we watch it. There are some marketing/editing geniuses at Discovery and they full well realize that all you have to do is create heroes and villains and even without a story plot, you will still have fans.

Not only that, those of us that watch it are kidding ourselves if we say we wouldn't want to be there doing the same darn thing. There's a little bit of envy there thrown in. Much like crab fishermen, mountain loggers, and redneck folks that shoot gators and pigs.