• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Drama, Drama, Drama

MikeH55343

I really need the History Channel to produce a reality show of MY job. After watching IRT, Deadiest Road, Harvest, Gold Rush, etc - they can make ANY job dramatic.

"On Monday the software had a bug, if it wasn't fixed in the next 30 minutes the whole software season would be lost." "If the database is not stable, it will cost value time and money." "All the developers would have to go home to their 4500 sqft suburban homes empty handed."

I was watching Harvest last night when I made the original post.

The owner of a crew as [PoorWordUsage] about how much money he was losing per minute because a crew driver was late for work. Quit talking to the camera and jump up on the machine and drive it yourself - like a real business owner would do.

I like the show but the produced drama is unnecessary in my opinion. Focus on the natural elements, the awesome machinery, and critical timing of getting the crops out of the field.

Good point mikeH I was thinking the same thing. The owner should have fired that dude, hired another driver, or simply just drive it himself until he gets there. The other thing I found odd was when that one crew had the tractor and truck stuck in the mud, they left it there for a day to dry out. It completely stopped the whole operation. If that were me I would have found a way to pull them out and then avoid the wet spots until they were dry. That was juts plain stupid...

Mike Rowe did it best. This is what people do for a living and it can be funy sad boring and dirty, but rarely dramatic.

DRAMA: Bill went on break 20 min ago and hasnt come back yet, and I really gotta pee.

IRT made drama out of everything these guys do and I couldnt watch it. The loggers I know were more concerned about there own business than competeing week to week in some made up game show. That is until they went under when all the mills closed.

How about a show where folks get laid off, go back to schools and then they can make a game show out of it and the winner are the ones who get a job above minimum wage.

Reality shows have been getting out of hand for the past 10 years. Remember the good old days- 4 channels and every sitcom started with the phrase "filmed in front of a live studio audience"?? Some of those shows, even 30-40 years later are better than anything out there. All In The Family is still plain wrong when you watch it even now, but still hilarious.

I've never understood why the word "reality" is in any of these shows. The Ice Road Truckers guys whine like cranky toddlers, the guys from Deadliest Catch remind me of middle school girls in a slap fight and there are about 20 shows full of people trying to prove they can sing and dance, just so celebrity judges can rip them to shreds.

Even the news shows are weird. Just the other day, I saw George Stephanopoulis interviewing Elmo on Good Morning America. I was talking to George through the screen: "George, its a puppet! You've interviewed heads of state - Back away from the puppet." But he didn't listen, and instead had a discussion with the annoying little thing on why Elmo is starting a campaign to get kids to put down their pacifyer.