• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

question......

CO1978

This weekend is the last weekend that my hunting buddy can bowhunt. If I shot a deer this weekend, while in the woods together, can he tag my deer leaving my tag open for the rest of the year? Or does he eat tag soup if he is shut out this weekend?? Thanks

I am in Central MN. One more for you guys. If we hunt Sunday evening and he were to shoot a deer but had to work Monday morning. If we leave the deer overnight and I go recover the deer....do I use his tag? A few years ago we had this situation arise and I just used one of my management tags. Thanks guys....this page is a great resource for tough questions like this.

As long as you are hunting together, the cross tagging is not an issue, except for bucks in the SE area, does still acceptable to cross tag.

If he shoots one and can't help with the recovery, you will be tagging it or taking a chance on not getting caught.

What if he is in SE MN.? I thought down there that there was no crosstagging.

No cross tagging of bucks. Antlerless deer are fine. Top of page 80 in the regs.

Your friend would have to be present at the time of recovery to validate his own site tag. You can't validate another person's tag.

I am in Central MN. One more for you guys. If we hunt Sunday evening and he were to shoot a deer but had to work Monday morning. If we leave the deer overnight and I go recover the deer....do I use his tag? A few years ago we had this situation arise and I just used one of my management tags. Thanks guys....this page is a great resource for tough questions like this.

I was in this same problem before. I was party hunting and shot a doe Sunday night with the bow and all my tags were filled that's why my buddy was hunting with me. I had mad a bad hit and we tracked it for a while till we jumped her so we backed out my buddy had to be at work in the morning and I had the day off so I went back in the morning and tracked it till I found it and had to leave it lay till he got home from work and brought him out to tag it good thing it was Dec 30th and frozen. As long as you do not touch,gut or move the deer you are fine. The first thing you have to do is validate the tag before moving the deer so if you find it just don't touch it till he is their and punched his tag.