• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

On the Pagami Creek fire line with Ken and Steve

Steve, I'll get this started and I know you'll have a lot of stuff to add. I've got to get to bed and leave early for the hunting shack tomorrow.

Steve and I got a chance to go with the Forest Service today to the Pagami Creek fire line. Along the way we were able to stop at a few of our favorite haunts. Many thanks to Daria Day, Tom Lynch and all the guys on the fire line!

FL9.gif

FL11.gif

FL6-1.gif

FL5-1.gif

FL8.gif

FL7.gif

FL4.gif

FL3.gif

FL2.gif

FL1.gif

The access we were granted yesterday was nearly unprecedented. When I went in the first time the guy had a hissy fit if anyone so much as stepped off the road.

Very different story yesterday.

First batch is mostly scenics of the burned areas. Second batch is firefighters on the fireline.

full-635-12861-greenandblack.jpg

full-635-12862-kenontheland.jpg

full-635-12863-ontheroad.jpg

full-635-12864-signandblack.jpg

full-635-12865-signdown.jpg

full-635-12866-tomtown.jpg

full-635-12867-trunktoblack.jpg

I sent the bottom one off to Stihl, and they are interested in it. It's my fave of the whole series, partly because I cut with seven different Stihls when it's time for tree work. smile

Each of these guys is carrying what looks like an MS460 w/25 inch bar.

all are very god.. If I had to pick a fave it would be Kens 4th shot and Steves last in his first set of shots.. just love the comp of that one, the long log laying down in a sea of death..

I also really like the new green growth poking up threw the wreckage photo too.

Fantastic images of this event! Really great photojournalism from both of you.

I LOVE the last image in this series...great use of light!

I'll bet that three toed and black backed woodpeckers are going to be rampant in much of this area over the next year or so!

The access we were granted yesterday was nearly unprecedented. When I went in the first time the guy had a hissy fit if anyone so much as stepped off the road.

Very different story yesterday.

First batch is mostly scenics of the burned areas. Second batch is firefighters on the fireline.

full-635-12864-signandblack.jpg

Steve, is this the entry point #35 to Lake Isabella? We camp there every year and are wondering what the area looks like and if we will be camping on that lake next year. Amazing photos. Do you have any others from Isabella?

Glockwinger, you are correct. We were just working along the shore of Lake Isabella a few days back, Ken and I, and the last group of images I posted here (on the other Pagami Creek Wildfire thread), were mostly from the shore of Isabella. Looks like pretty much the whole lakeshore got nailed by the fire.