• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

safety Vests

paceman

After years of fumbling around with the safety harnesses I am thinking it might be time to upgrade to a Safety Vest. They look pretty easy and comfy to put on. The local sporting good store has Ameristep vests on sale for 50 bucks. Anybody use any of these? If so do you like them or are also a pain getting into.... If not that brand any others that you reccomend?

I use the hunter safty system vest and really like it. It is a little more money but I really don't care. I spend a lot of time in the tree every fall and have a family. I figure if i spend so much money on everything else why not have the best thing out there.

I bought a HSS vest last year & really like. They're so much easier to use then those other harnesses. I was very bad before I wouldn't use the harnesses I still used the old single straps. I will confess I still don't use one in a low ladder or a most permanent stands. Never hunt hang ons or climbers without it.

I have a "Rocky" brand from a few years ago and has the feed thru buckles and not the snap buckles. Not the fastest set-up, but I am using a safety harness for one reason.

I am sure the Ameristep one you are looking at would work fine. The newer ones are lighter and quicker to put on, but all do the same thing.

PACEMAN,Im guilty to this day of not using one and I think everytime I climb into my hang on stands Im nuts.

IVE GOT TO GET ONE. I realize im not bullet proof anymore.

+1 and even after falling off ladders twice and breaking ankles I still don't use one, and most people think I'm nuts for the height I put some of my stands.

"HSS are great have been using for a few years now. What ever you buy spend the money on a good one. Don't go cheap on something that can save your life"

+ 1

Vest are so much easier to put on than most harnesses. PLEASE!! Don't hunt from a tree stand with out one!

Vests are probably easier but feel/are heavier. I picked up a Gorilla harness that had good reviews from wally world for around $80. Didn't like it at all. Metal buckles are a no-no. Also I'm a tall lanky fella so "one size fits most" doesn't include me. I ended up ordering a Muddy Outdoors harness from the big C store. They offer different sizes. S/M,L,XL. The S/M fits like a glove and is super light and easy to put on. I would recommend this harness to anyone.

I'm a young guy at only 25. My stand sets are usually up there a ways. Me coming home every time after a hunt is more important than the extra minute spent putting it on or the $100 I spent on a quality harness. Like said above, if you hunt from a tree stand a harness is a no brainer.