• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ruger LCP .380 or SW Bodygaurd .380?

I was in the same boat looking for a conceal gun with these two choice's and still have not made up my mind. I have decided to start looking for a 9mm. The rugar has a extremly long trigger pull as rcabin stated. The BG has a laser thats hard to turn on and might make you hesitate if you ever do need to use it to defend yourself. I'm not sure what your budget or circumstances are, but dont be afraid to look at other options.

Hope this helps.

You should check out the kel-tec p3at .380. I recently bought one, weighs only 8 ounces or so, 3/4" thick and lifetime warranty on all parts and labor. It does have a long trigger pull, but I like that in a pocket gun.

The Ruger is a nice little gun - but you better not need to hit anything past 5 yards...and even that can be tough. The .380 round is also marginal at best for self-defense. There are lots of 9mm choices out there that are great carry guns. I used to have a Glock 26 and that was a great carry gun (now carry the Glock 36).

I bought the Bodygaurd (semi .380) a few months ago. I've got about 400 rounds through it so far, no issues at all. Definitely a close range weapon though. For the size, it fits pretty well in the hand. The laser is worthless except indoors or I suppose at night. The only thing that would be nice is if the iron sights had those glow dots on them like some guns come with (could probably just add my own paint I guess). Also would be nice if they offered an extended mag for target shooting. Overall though no jams (some cheap ammo from cabela's had issues but the few bad ones would fire after a couple of trigger pulls) and a great gun for the very reasonable price in my opinion. Also, with respect to power, it is definitely on the light side, but with some good defense loads and the ability to make a well placed shot or two, I am confident in this gun (and the size makes it a viable carry gun in most settings).

I recently purchased the ruger lcp. The long trigger pull is the only negative issue I have experienced. I loved how compact it was and how comfortable it was in my hand, that is why I went with it. As far as not hitting anything past 5 yds though, I have to disagree with that comment.

It is purely a defensive/fighting handgun - it is not designed for target shooting or hunting. It is a pocket pistol with tiny sights. I like the gun, but in order to make it so small compromises were made that effect its accuracy (barrel length, caliber, weight, sights, etc.) If you need a small gun because you can't conceal a larger one then it may be a good option.

after looking at all of them i bought the Bodygaurd. Love the gun so far. Its very easy to conceal and mine hasn't had any issues at all. This gun was purchased strictly as a conceal gun.

I also have a bersa thunder and its a fine gun for the price. Just a little bigger than that bodygaurd and not as easy for me to conceal..