• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ITCHY!!!

eyeguy 54

I don't start my archery season in ND until either the 1st of Oct or after the first frost.

I messed with the bugs for enough years and I do have a bug tamer suit but typically I do not like to deal with the heat.

Shot one very nice 10 in velvet about 10 years ago on opener but I will probably never shot another as I simply do not go out soon enough.

I am going up next week also to get a few things ready but my seaason will not start until the soonest of Oct 1st. Guess I am a cool weather archer.

Good luck.

Itchy doesn't mean bug bites! Two years ago on bow opener it was 85 degrees and humid with skeeters! Man that was miserable. Last year bow opener was pretty good hardly any skeeters and a nice doe gave me a broadside shot at 10 yards, so every year is different! grin

Fired up here as well, a ND bow opener is in my future but not this year. Very excited for Sept 17th!!! I'm sure some of you scent free guys will freak but I just load up on bug dope in the early season and methodically hunt the wind.

Funny you say that sick and string I'm getting married myself on the 17th but have the following week off work to make up for missing opener. So I'll still get to head out with my bow in hand. Good luck out there!!

oh no bull rider....before you get married, remember, no anniversaries, birthdays, etc during deer season. Talk to her now, explain it before its too late!!....Congrats, hopefully you shoot a big buck for a wedding present!!

oh no bull rider....before you get married, remember, no anniversaries, birthdays, etc during deer season. Talk to her now, explain it before its too late!!....Congrats, hopefully you shoot a big buck for a wedding present!!
Ha yes sir a big buck would be a good wedding present but I'll take one anytime I can get the chance. Yah I have a feeling you know what explaining gets a guy but I've also heard that it's better to ask for forgiveness than permision.

Congrats 'bullrider! Although I can't applaud you on the date you chose! However, I've often thought it would be cool to have an early Nov anniverssary and celebrate with an annual out-of-state hunt!

MR - I've got one good one around - I don't think he's quite as big as the one from last year though! I'll try and get him posted up - my card reader's having some issues.