• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

netflix on Wii

picksbigwagon

Da bride decided to subscribe to netflix and we can watch it off our Wii, the problem is that every 5 - 10 minutes, it needs to retrieve more of the movie and the movie stops for about4-5 minutes while it retrieves. Is this normal? If so, I think we will be unsubscribing...............

I don't have any interuption either. However, very poor picture and sound quality. Does anyone know, is that becasue of the wii? Could I get digital with a different netflix vehicle?

You are getting digital. The Wii isn't capable of high definition and doesn't have a lot of horsepower so that is what you are stuck with.

I've never had an issue with netflix on the Wii. I've only had a lag issues once and I'm fairly certain it was a netflix issue and had nothing to do with the Wii.

What kind of wireless router are you using? They are not all created equal and if you are using a cheap $20 router that may be the issue. When you purchase a router you'll want to look for one that is capable of streaming video.

I kind of figured that. If I picked up a blu-ray player with the capabilities, hooked up through HD cable, it would come in digital?

When you say digital, I assume you mean HD? Streaming video is digital by nature.

Yes that would work. HD also requires a minimum internet download speed of about 3 Mbps or faster. For a Blu-Ray player, I would look at the Playstation 3. Not much more than a good Blu-Ray player and you get much more features plus the gaming. Also a laptop will work as well conected to your TV.

Yes that would work. HD also requires a minimum internet download speed of about 3 Mbps or faster. For a Blu-Ray player, I would look at the Playstation 3. Not much more than a good Blu-Ray player and you get much more features plus the gaming. Also a laptop will work as well conected to your TV.

I will look into the connection stuff but my wife telecommutes for work and she has not gone cheap on the router........we'll see what is going on

Most any router that works correctly will stream netflix. You don't need a $150 router just to stream. Where the high dollar routers help is with multiple users with heavy network traffic.