• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

COD MW3 Discussion

CJH

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your concern but I think I'm doing just fine. wink Sure haven't been a lot of sunny fishing days so far this year, but that is fine by me. I'll take overcast and cool all summer long.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. This was from E3:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Details Revealed: More Casual-Friendly Game?

G4TVLeah

By Leah Jackson

The multiplayer in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will reduce the number of map "hotstops" in order to obtain a more action-packed feel, according to Robert Bowling, creative strategist at Modern Warfare development studio Infinity Ward, in an article from Kotaku.

Hotspots, for those who don't know, are places where an enemy can hide or shoot from, and Bowling says gamers won't have to worry about more than five hotspots at any one time.

"It simplifies it so that the less skilled player has less to think about," Bowling said. "There's fewer places to hide, which discourages the more camper mentality that seemed to emerge in the map design of Modern Warfare 2."

Bowling also mentioned that air support will be reduced. The main idea is that the designers want the game to focus on fast paced gun-on-gun gameplay rather than perks.

"Modern Warfare style is, for me, all about the high-speed, fast-paced—and I'm talking in terms of smooth controls and 60-frames-per-second framerate—infantry-focused combat," Bowling said. "And it's all focused on that gun-on-gun gameplay, especially in Modern Warfare 3. I feel like it's something we nailed with Call of Duty 4. We moved away from it a little bit with MW2, relying heavily on air support, killstreaks, perks and stuff like that. Modern Warfare 3, very much [is] building up from that Call of Duty 4 mentality of gun-on-gun, fast-paced infantry gameplay."

It sounds to me like Infinity Ward might be trying to cater MW3 to a more casual audience than its previous installments. I'm not sure if I like that idea. What do you think? You can check out Bowling's entire interview over at Kotaku.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is coming out for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC on November

Read more: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/71.../#ixzz1S7iytDOs

Every year they try to tweak it more towards the casual gamer after all that is the CoD series main audience and thats not necessarily a bad thing, so far they have all turned out to be fun games. No matter what they do to try and even the playing field the good players stay good and the new or those lacking abilities just end up as fodder.

I dont think you can ever take camping out of the CoD series no matter how you tweak the game. I hope they dont dumb down the maps too much.

For the most part I like what im hearing thus far.

"Modern Warfare style is, for me, all about the high-speed, fast-paced—and I'm talking in terms of smooth controls and 60-frames-per-second framerate—infantry-focused combat," Bowling said.

That.

If they are modeling MW3 after COD4 then that is a good thing. Time to go back to your roots where all this madness started. If they deliver as promised it should be good. Enough with the gimmicks.

a lot of people doing analysis of the video think thats an ac130 remote mine that tells a gunship to fire on that area. if you pause when he dies the bottom left shows an ac130 kill icon. others just think its a bounching betty of some kind and they havent changed the icons yet.