• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sons of Guns

Gordie

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just need to know people who can legally have guns like that in their possession. I know people from different states who travel around the states for gun shows. Depending on the state, and your dealer licensing you can own certain guns.

Minnsnowdawild you could always come up to the machine gun shoot up in my neck of the woods I'm sure they still have the shoot once a year but I may be wrong as I didnt get a flyer for it this past year..

Oh and Nick I like shooting cool guns too

just saying

Some day I would like to shoot the Cannon we have. My dad says it hasn't been shot since he was about 7. I am not sure if its safe. Right now its a conversation piece. Some day I might load her up!

Ill lite the fuse if you don't want to.

I gotta say I LOVE THIS SHOW!! I dont care about the scripting\editing I just like watching them build them. I'm a machinist and want to start building some guns while I have the epuipment at hand to do it. Just wish I could legally build some fully auto's.

This show makes me want to build "The Big 50" I found drawings for, but might start out small with a 10/22, but like I said wish I could build it full auto.

I gotta say I LOVE THIS SHOW!! I dont care about the scripting\editing I just like watching them build them. I'm a machinist and want to start building some guns while I have the epuipment at hand to do it. Just wish I could legally build some fully auto's.

This show makes me want to build "The Big 50" I found drawings for, but might start out small with a 10/22, but like I said wish I could build it full auto.

Make whatever you make have detachable recievers. A cop told me once its perfectly legal to own a full auto receiver as long as its not attached to a gun smile

I think i would have had some choice words with the boss when he shot an arrow out of the .410 - Thats about as smart as hitting a bullet with a hammer. eek

You must have not seen the episode where they made some ammo for a Japanese rifle? They had to fire the ammo into a 4x4 using a hammer type device. wink

Make whatever you make have detachable recievers. A cop told me once its perfectly legal to own a full auto receiver as long as its not attached to a gun smile

smile Thats like saying it's perfectly legal to drive 100 mph as long as you dont go over the speed limit.

You must have not seen the episode where they made some ammo for a Japanese rifle? They had to fire the ammo into a 4x4 using a hammer type device. wink

I watched it, but they went to commercial in mid swing...and i missed it. I thought that hammer thing is to pull out the bullet without firing the round, but with older shells the impact can cause the shell to go off? They said there was a risk of the shell going off prior to the commercial and i just cringed when there was a guy's face right next to the 4x4 watching intently with only safety glasses on. eek

Not something i'd do for a measly paycheck. 2c

I thought the ak conversion was pretty interesting but I didn't see the point. There are already semi auto sniper rifles that can do what it could do. I thought they would want to be able to have the full auto capability of the AK for non sniper situations but that was not really addressed. I thought the point was or at least should have been to be able to convert between the typical AK role and long range accuracy shooting. Still it was pretty interesting. Good show for sure.

Does the bullet puller still fire the round? I don't think it's as dangerous as one might think to fire a round when it's not chambered in a weapon. Not that you will catch me doing it. Still seems scary.

Oh and exploding arrows. Pretty awesome! Reminds me of Rambo. Didn't he take out a Russian helicopter with one of those.

OK I just googled bullet pullers and no they don't fire the round. As stated above (sorry). I think they would

have you believe they do in that episode.

I think that the concept behind the AK sniper was to combine the accuracy of a sniper rifle with the durability of the AK, which is not known for it's accuracy whatsoever but is extremely dependable.

The arrow thing was neat but kind of a joke. Reminded me of the Dukes of Hazzard. Looked like a contrived challenge put on by the producers just like a lot of their little "projects" in the show. I guess there has to be some sort of story or watching them build regular ol' guns wouldn't be much worth watching. smile