• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Final Five

titelines

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Piece of cake. They've been to the big dance...twice. This program knows its way around the block when this time of the season comes around. smile

Missed parts of it but seemed to be an interesting game to watch.

If BSU met UND, I would be cheering for good hockey. I am a beaver fan now more than a Sioux fan so I would be hoping for a Beaver win while knowing the Sioux is going to win. Either way it would be a good championship game for me.

So much for my green is good theory on St. Patty's Day. Didn't see the game but it looks like AA got handled. Maybe they wore the white jerseys and ruined it.

There's half of me that wants BSU to win this tourament. They must win this to go on to the NCAA. If they go to the tourament chances are they will face the #1 seeded team who will more than likely be Yale. BSU can absolutly beat those guys and take that region. I'm thinking a couple weeks down the road there but if they beat Denver and who ever they face tomorrow that will be there road ahead of them. Denver isn't playing there best hockey and UND I get the feeling is looking over this tourament. It doesn't mean alot to them. There looking for NCAA.

As a UND fan I want this win today to insure a #1 seed and keep everyone healthy. Last year they enter the NCAA tourament bang up from the Final Five. They played 6 games in 9 days when they lost to Yale the first game of last year's region.

Denver needs to start playing up to there potential. They split every conference game in Febuary. I feel anyone can beat this team. Michigan Tech managed. I say BSU beats these guys today.Go Beavers

I feel the exact same way cbrooks. However, if both BSU and UND square off tomorrow night, I don't know how BSU will get past ND - I can't see them giving the Beavers a free pass - and the way ND played against BSU this year . . .

woo hooo go Beavers!

I think BSU might just ahve what it takes to beat Denver but UND will be too much for CC and the Beavers although I would love nothing more then to see them beat the Sioux.

I like the beavers, id like to see them win but I just don't see this post season confidence you guys have. You make it sound like they are old pros inthe post season. In 11 years of cha play they old made the ncaas 4 times. That's not really an accomplishment. The cha is the easiest path there has ever been to the tourny.

I could see them beating du. Beavers looked decent yesterday. Part of me wants du to win though. Just seems like a better game, du vs the sioux.

Anybody have thoughts on cc and und. Cc looked pretty good yesterday. I don't think their style matches up to und very good, but maybe an upset.

The sioux aren't looking past the tourny. You know they would love to crush denver. I wonderf if the players would actually be more excited if the gophs and wisc were thre

BEAVER BEAVER BEAVERS!!!!!! I love when everyone picks against them, it makes them underdogs, and when they are underdogs, they seem to suprise everyone...Just like every single year they play....mmm 16 seed to the forzen four, ya they have done that! Gotta win this tourney 1st thought Cmon BSU!!!

Love all the Beaver support on this forum!!!

I didn't watch all of the 2nd game, but it looked like AA played really tough. Physical play which should have made the game closer than it was. Sometimes it's the bounce of the puck, and that seemed to favor CC last night. CC obviously has more firepower, so I could see that being a better matchup against the Sioux.

Beavers v Denver should be fun to watch also. Go Beavers!

I didn't watch all of the 2nd game, but it looked like AA played really tough. Physical play which should have made the game closer than it was. Sometimes it's the bounce of the puck, and that seemed to favor CC last night. CC obviously has more firepower, so I could see that being a better matchup against the Sioux.

Beavers v Denver should be fun to watch also. Go Beavers!

I agree. UAA controlled play the first period, but CC scored twice on four shots. UAA doesn't have the firepower to come back from two down.

Both games today should be fantastic. It will be interesting to see how DU comes out. They really have not much to play for and have been playing .500 hockey for a while. UND/CC could be a high tempo shoot out.

Boy can I pick 'em. 0 for 2 in yesterday's games. CC will be a better match-up today, Alaska looked terrible.

Congrats to the Beavers. I'm a Bulldog fan, but I'll be on the bandwagon today. They're definitely the fan favorite now, and would be a fun championship game with them and ND if it comes to that.

Well, off to the land of the $7.00 beer!

]I like the beavers, id like to see them win but I just don't see this post season confidence you guys have. You make it sound like they are old pros inthe post season.

I think they have shown a lot more fight in a very short time span then a lot of other programs in the league. I know they took #1 seed Denver to OT a few years back and they you have the Frozen Four run where they beat very good Notre Dame and Cornell teams, they also didn't look out of place against Miami even the the score wasn't that close.

Then you throw in this little post season run they are on it is kind of hard not to think of them as one of those little cinderella teams that can pull off a big upset at any time. Not everyone can do this, how many times has St Cloud choked in the NCAA's? Mankato didn't put up much of a fight when they finally got invited. I really didn't think they were going to do much damage in the post season this year but they certainly proved me wrong. Now I wouldn't expect this every year but they might be one of those teams that no one wants to draw come playoff time.

I just get tired of the whole cinderella thing. Its just teams peeking at the right time. Its not like they are a bad team. They are a decent team playing some decent hockey. Hopefully they can keep it up. I just don't think they are underdogs. They beat a umd that has been pretty terrible as of late and I don't think uno was playing that hot. I thin the beavers are just better then most people thought.

As far as their frozen 4 run. Sometimes you just get a good draw and a fcew good matchups. I'm thinking the nancys in the east suck when you play a little physical and choke the lanes.

I don't know, a 10th place team who takes a two game series against a 3rd place team and then upsets a 4th place time kind of has that cinderella tone to it. Sure they have have a hard working team but these guys could only manage one point against the lowly gophers a few weeks back.