• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2010-2011 Spearing Season Comes To A Close!

bassNspear

As we all look back on another amazing year of spearing our minnesota lakes, it was so much fun that we all had together, not only on the fourms, but out on the hard water.

I want to personally take the time to thank each and everyone of you for making this spearing fourm what it is. When I first started this fourm, we had a few people here and there, but after time, its became a huge part of Fishing Minnesota.

I was able to get out to alot of new lake again this year. Didnt get out as much as i wanted to, but with the move to the north country for work, im going to be able to get out alot more next year.

The Get TO Gators where a huge hit this year. Year after year they get bigger and bigger each year. Winnie was a awesome weekend. TO be able to get 12-15 ppl up there for a 2 day event was awesome. Im looking forward to getting that set up again next year. The second one was also a huge success. Within the next few years we will be getting more and more, and maybe get to 25 people there!

Once again, thanks to everyone that has made the spearing fourm a success on HSO. Look forward to chatting about spearing over the course of the summer, and getting back out on the hard water next winter.

I had a great year and gained some really good friends from this site and events like the GTG's.

Thanks to everyone that gave me advice and contributed to the great sport of northern pike spearing.

Bring on the Winnie GTG!!!!!

Well my season is over for the year as my son wants to go fishin on mille lacs so we are meeting up with some other HSO guys to do a bit of jiggin.

I had a blast spearing this year and it was defiantly not times out compared to the last few seasons but the times I got out were most memorable and the best time I had was at the Winnie GTG it was great meeting al of you that attended and I still laugh at things that I remember it was FAAABULUOS!!! and cant wait until next years GTG and Dealer I'm on the hunt for my trophy it will come home where it belongs grin

I also had a great time at spearfest and seeing browning gold and deerhunter again see ya next time guys...;

I look forward to next season with new toys to play with and meeting more HSO spearing guys

have a good one guys stick one for me

KNOW BEFORE YOU THROW grin

The fish were not real cooperative but I think everyone had a good time and got plenty to eat on our last day. Myself, Dealer and Dealer Jr., Gk0116 and sidekicks, The Archery Sniper, Thayne, and Mcfins were out today.

We had a saw and a spear without a rope securely attached go in the water and only the saw resurfaced. eek Oh well thats always the times you remember.

Overall it was a great year not because the fish were always real cooperative but because of the good company on the ice.

Bring on next the pike next year!!!

I went out with a bang this year. I will try to figure out how to put my picts on here. I only saw two northerns all week, but both were nice fish. Anyone else have any luck closing out the season?

It's the fifth tab over just above where you write your post the one with the blue arrow pointing up. Click on it and browse you computer for the pick click browse and add file for each pic then done adding files when you are done then submit your post.

I went out with a bang this year. I will try to figure out how to put my picts on here. I only saw two northerns all week, but both were nice fish. Anyone else have any luck closing out the season?

if your still haveing trouble email them to me and I will post them for ya my email is machonellc at yahoo dot com

Nice fish! I almost pulled the trigger on one like that last saturday. It stuck around for a while and I kept debating if I should take it or not. Finally decided that it wasn't in the budget right now, so I let her swim away. Maybe next year.

Wow, I've been spearing for 14 years and I haven't even seen a fish this big, so there was no debating for me. Maybe i'm spearing in the wrong location of the state. I may have to head your way next year, my wife would love to spear a fish like this too.

VERY NICE FISH! I lost one like that a few years back when I speared it too far back and it kept on swimming , right off the spear. I've had a great season this year, probably seeing more northerns then ever . My biggest this year was thirtyfour and a half, but the anticipation of seeing a big fish makes every spearing trip worth it. I just recently was told about this site from Mcfin, and I really enjoy it. Thanks to all for letting me share.