• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Predator paint scheme.......which to choose?

JosMN

I agree with extending the graphics down to the splash rail. I like the white one but id make some changes.

what about making all the graphics different shades of red, or even black on the white?

I think if you are making your own go above and beyond what the norm is. Make it looks stock but turn heads at the same time. Make those guys say " I want that color boat!"

I agree with extending the graphics down to the splash rail. I like the white one but id make some changes.

what about making all the graphics different shades of red, or even black on the white?

I think if you are making your own go above and beyond what the norm is. Make it looks stock but turn heads at the same time. Make those guys say " I want that color boat!"

If I had the means to do gradients in the graphics (graphics printer) i would go above and behond. But I only have a basic graphic plotter, only can cut solid colors, not printed gradients. If I could, I would paint bellow where the red is and the bottom of the boat like all of the other Lunds, but don't really want to put that much money into paint. I think If I went down to the splash guards it might look a little weird?

I did think about black, but I think it would be a SOB to keep clean?

Maybe. I'm not sure. My parents have a black fiberglass ski boat that doesn't seem to bad, but that's under the gel coat. And it might be different since it's used differently? I'm not sure.

I'd go Red! Like mnfishinguy said, Lunds are supposed to be Red. At least that is their traditional color over how many years.

I've always thought a sweet boat would be a top end 20' Lund Pro-V, painted Red, with a simple classic Lund swoosh logo near the stern.

i have a black lund. yes it will get dirty, or show it more, but c'mon. if it aint dirty then you aren't using it enough. the black is sure pur-dee though.

b/w red and white. i'd go red for sure. white to me just doesn't match well with the lake environment with me for some reason.

Red, but then again I'm biased. Most of them go to the splashguards, so that's what I would go for. I like your graphics scheme BTW.

Thanks. I really wish the Predator of this year did come with paint below where the red is (currently is grey on the boat), but they didnt. I believe they started to paint below that and underneath the following year on them like the Pro Vs of the same years. 86-90 Predators they didnt. If I did have below the red painted, I would want a silver or grey, all through out the bottom of the boat. But thats just more than I want to spend on the old girl.

White, I like red too but dirt isn't really what shows, it's water spots. White won't show the spots.

On the other hand, If you trailer down alot of dirt roads, dirt will show on the way out as your wet boat will pic up all the dirt.

Brought to reality! Had our painter at work spray it on a saturday, came out great! We were not able to convert the Lund ppg code cause we don't use that system at work, but took a scan from another Lund boat and got it close. The graphics were all done by myself (wanted to go with an 08 pro V look), along with a fully new interior (wood and carpet through-out, including sidewalls). The interior was a fairly big project, and I probably wouldn't want to do it again anytime soon! I installed new half inch marine grade on the main deck area, and 3/4 up front - 3 coats of spar varnish. That stuff takes a lonnng time to cure between coats! I made the two front access hatches the way I wanted them, newer v2 55lb this year with quick release, and an onboard charger. Used JJV's best on the aluminum hull, that stuff worked awesome. Not going to polish it this time, way to much time and I honestly like the dull look better on this boat. Now I just need to slap on my new registration sticker and she's ready to role. The pics don't do its justice, she looks real nice in the daylight. Too bad I have a wedding this wkend down in SD for opener dangit! Let me know what you all think.

Old.....

full-30864-8581-pictures243.jpg

full-30864-8582-lundpredatorii002.jpg

NEW!

full-30864-8583-lundpredatorii001.jpg

full-30864-8584-lundpredatorii003.jpg

full-30864-8585-lundpredatorii008.jpg

full-30864-8586-lundpredatorii004.jpg