• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New sight

lungdeflator

Im probably going to be looking for a new sight in the near future. I just bowhunt in the woods and swamps so the idea of 4 or more pins is silly. Whats the best 1-3 pin sight? for under or around 100$? I currently have a cobra sidewinder that is 4-5 years old and wouldnt mind somthing like that except with smaller diameter pins

You'll probably get 10 different answers from 10 guys. The market is flooded with quality sights. I don't think you can go wrong with most of them. Make sure it has a bright pin(s) with the fiber being protected and offers some adjustment. FWIW, I've got an HHA DS-5510.

i have the Apex Inferno on my bow. yeah sure, its a five pin sight. but who says you have to use all five???

on my set up, my first pin is good from 0-35 yards...then 40-50-60-70.

will i ever take a shot at a whitetail at that kind of distance; probably never. but its fun to practice because it makes me a better shooter when it comes to "chip shots" smile

but if your solely looking for a 1-3 pin. Impact archery. hands down.

i'll be up in bemidji in a few weeks to visit my girly lungdeflator, maybe i'll see u around.

my first pin is good from 0-35 yards

Thats why Im interested in a one pin sight. But i do like to practice at longer distances just because it makes me better at close distances. Its been 4-5 years since I even looked at sights so i was just wondering whats out there

You'll probably get 10 different answers from 10 guys. The market is flooded with quality sights. I don't think you can go wrong with most of them. Make sure it has a bright pin(s) with the fiber being protected and offers some adjustment. FWIW, I've got an HHA DS-5510.

I also shoot the HHA sight and love it, I set mine at 23 yards for when hunting this will get 0 to 34 yards. This sight also gave me enough room for adjustment so I can dial it out too 110 yards.

I have a 5 pin sight and really like it.

My pins are set for 10,20,25,30 & 50.

May seem crowded, but 2-3" on a deer could be the difference in a long/short recovery.

I shoot a 60lb bow and the drop is more than noticeable from 20-30yards.

I have the TRU-GLOW 5 pin with the .019 pins, they are bright and don't cover up too much of my target.

I also use an HHA. I have used it for close to 15 years. I have missed more deer by getting mixed up on which pin to use than I ever have from forgetting to slide the yardage up or down when needed. I also have the ability of shooting at targets out past 100 yards but in my case the desire to search around in high grass for wayward arrows, doesn't strike me much anymore.

WS

Well heres the deal...as soon as I sell my bow Im going to pick up a Quest Primal in that g-fade. I think it would look pretty nice with all black accessories, and G5 seems to make pretty solid stuff and they are the same company as the bow so it would work out nicely.

I like the concept of the XR2 - one stationary and one floater that you can adjust to whatever. You might as well get some G5 broadheads as long as you're at it!

I hate to put down a company but that was the first sight I bought last year only had it on my bow for 4 hours before I took it back and got the HHA optimizer elite.

The floating pin is red no other color options and the light you can get for it does not shine on the red pin only the fixed pin. I was shooting outside at 40 yards and with 40 minutes of shooting time left I had problems seeing the pin and that was in the yard now get into some thick timber and you will lose more time just my 2c but for the price thier are better options.

How are the adjustable single pin sites to use? I was looking at a HHA 5519. What are the pros and Cons of that sight from those that use it?

I currently have a 5 pin sight that when I get out to the 40-50 yard range the pins cover up a lot of the target I shoot at. I have been thinking of replacing that site for a single pin site.

Thanks in advanced.

Your reason for wanting to change is the same reason I switched 4 years ago. I put an OL-5019 on and fell in love with it. Nice clear opening with one pin to focus on. Very simple to use. I'll admit, the first year I missed a few critters due to forgetting to adjust the slider. But once you get used to it, it becomes habit. A lot of guys will just set it to 25 yards during the season and leave it. I shoot a pretty heavy arrow so I don't shoot flat as some so I move mine. It's great having the flexibility to shoot out to 80 yds as well.(practice only) I started with a .029 pin but with as bright as the pins are, it was way too big. Shot .019 for a long time and just recently switched to .010 on a DS-5510. I don't think I'll ever go back to a multi-pin sight again.

Pros: Open field of view, bright pin, 0-80+ yd range, accepts light & lenses, built like a tank, & excellent customer service.

Cons: Price, doesn't allow Tight Spot quiver to mount properly.

How are the adjustable single pin sites to use? I was looking at a HHA 5519. What are the pros and Cons of that sight from those that use it?

I was gonna give you a list a good reasons but after reading Stick's response I would just +1. Its a great sight.

Like said before it takes some time to remember to adjust. And also my quiver didn't fit after I put the 5519 on either...

Oh dang I dont like red pins. But I feel that if you need a light to see your pins its time to climb down...just my opinion, so I dont specifically need a light. Are those G5s pretty bright? I like the sound of those HHA's especially if you can get em in a .010

The G5 is not bright at all not much fiber and a big sun shade. The HHA I have has alot of fiber I think the package said 10 feet the other nice thing with the one I have is you can turn the back half of the sight to expose more or less fiber to make the pin brighter during dusk or turn it in and make it darker for sunny days. It's a great sight and would recommend it to anyone looking for a single pin slider.