• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Plow

eyes

I am considering a plow for my 2006 700 Sportsman. After much research I found a good price on a 60" Warn from Cabela's. What do you all think? Any experience with this plow or other recommendations? Thanks in advance.

I don't know anything about that plow. I have a cycle country 60" plow that I have used on a 2002 400 sportsman, 2003 600 sportsman and it is now on my 2008 800HO sportsman. I think it works great and they are pretty inexpensive and you can find a dealer through the HSOforum if you are interested. Plows beat the heck out of shoveling.

I have a 60 inch CMP brand plow. I've had it since 1998 and it has held up very well, and I use it a lot. Enough that I have replaced the scraper blade twice. What surprises me most is that with all the beating and bumping the paint finish is still very good and it has little rust. Its never bent the mount or blade and never broken a weld, and I've hit things hard enough to throw me sideways.

I wouldnt hesitate to buy another! smirk

I also have the glacier II direct from polaris on my 08 500 sportsman. And I have to tell you, I don't think you'll find one that is easier to put on or take off than the Glacier II. I can litteraly attach the plow to the wheeler in like 30 seconds, it's even less to take it off. I have been pleased with it so far. I did have a weld break on my recently, but I took it back to the dealer and they replaced the part with a new one.

I bought the Cabelas 50" for my 2002 700 Sportsman. I love it. Don't use the j-bolt they provide and get a heavier u-bolt to hook up your winch cable and you will be in great shape. It is $150 cheaper than the others I looked at. I even got free shipping to my house. UPS. Couldn't believe how great that was. I used the winch to lift up my ATV and then put blocks under the front tires so I could get under it to install. Worked great.

I would stick with OEM line. I have found that the one model fits all isn't true. I have an eagle plow which is similar to the cycle country the mount system leaves much to be desired as far as I am concerned. It seem like it is always coming off the mount or the bolts for the mount bracket has the mounting bolts breaking. It seems like I have to fix it alot. My father in law has a Polaris plow and it looks way better built and easier to hook up than what I have. But then having the one I have allowed me to go from a honda to a polaris and only have to get a new mounting plate.

I was going to upgrade my Polaris 48in plow on the 06 800 and the Polaris dealership talked me out of it. He said a tar or cement drive it's fine but with gravel and plowing the yard he's seen 60in plows bend frames.

I had a 60" on an Arctic Cat 400 for years. Now I have a 60" on a Polaris 700. Both used on gravel driveways. Works great and I wouldn't want a narrower one. Once things freeze down the ground is as hard as blacktop.. When you have a 50" turned you don't quite cover your wheel tracks.

I agree, go with the 60 inch. I have been plowing our lake road which is a gravel road 3/4 of a mile long for 6 years now with my Moose plow and Honda Rubicon. The only problem I have had is the cross bar on the plow mount broke at the welds one time, but that is a common occurance with these plows I am told.I just had my cross over bar "beefed" up some and now it is fine. I wouldn't even consider a 48 inch plow.