• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gold Rush: Alaska

DTro

Yup same here. I can't wait until that new episode tomorrow at 10 pm! Its looking to be a good one.

This show, at least in my personal opinion is a very good thing for fish and game in California. I think that they were having an issue with poaching and they agreed to use this show to send out a huge message to people who are thinking of breaking game laws that there are actually people out there who will work their butts off to arrest them.

http://www.goldminingrealityshow.com/

pretty interesting stuff, hard to navigate but sounds like a lot of drama there. Ive always liked Dorsey. Sure he can come off as arrogant at times but in reality he was the only "real" person there. He was an outsider at all times. Just as people have their cliches and large egos, he was still the most real person there. Maybe not the most sensible at times but every one else was jerk offs.

I missed the last episode, what did they eventually find?

Believe it or not grin they just hit the bedrock when it started snowing. LOL

Had to leave us hanging ya know smile They were getting quite a bit at the end though.

i found it funny they were so mad the claim owner brought his friend in there to help out when they weren't getting anything. All of their money is on the line they have gotten nothing out of it and they get mad when an expert/guy who actually knows what he is doing is brought in.

Bassman - They have another episode this Friday which is going to cover their losses I believe. And no, they got nowhere near breaking even. The last episode they finally had a nice stretch where they found some, but still had to end up close to $250,000 in the hole.

Thanks Ted. It should be interesting. I was watching this show and they are like gambling addicts. That is the best way I can explain the show to people that haven't seen it. The old man (Jack) it the worst. I look forward to seeing the next episode and seeing if they will be honest with their numbers or if they Enron the numbers crazy

I caught a couple episodes and found it interesting. I applaude their spirit, risking it all, heading out to find riches and all that. I'd applaude it more if they did it on their own and not for the cameras. May not be the wisest move but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

One thing I find a bit interesting aboot this show is that it's dubbed as a "Hit it big or lose everything" type deal. Yet, they sure spend a lot of time around a campfire doing nothing. If things are as they're dubbed, every waking moment (which should be a minimum 18 hrs a day) needs to be spent working. You got one summer to get-er-done. Quit fluffing around and get to diggin.

I'm not a miner but there's a couple things I'd do differently;

1. Get a clue about how to do what you're doing.

2. Get a mechanic that works faster than moles-[PoorWordUsage] in January. ( For Discovery channel money, I call next)

3. Don't spend a month building your cool little town. Spend that time setting up your equipment and get to diggin.

I spose tho, if they had a clue and struck it rich right away there wouldn't be much of a show.

what I like was the other old guy (claim owners buddy)was on the show last night and said he wanted to run the claim next year with his crew. lol. After they start finding good color and then have a chance to break even. They do all the hard work and he cashes in.

That series has as much to do with actual gold mining in Alaska as Dancing With The Stars does classic ballet!!

I wish the TV people would get tired of flogging their silly Alaska shows and move on to some other location. Like maybe Ciudad Juarez, where there is ALWAYS some excitement. And it's real!!