• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Zone 3 APR

I find most of the 25 pages of this post to be nothing more than a p-ing contest.

I agree with the poster who said just because you are against the additional regulation of APR's, doesn't mean you don't follow some type of quality management. For the majority of hunters that is an experience progression, what's wrong with that? Many, many guys, shoot a few small bucks & if they hunt a lot with multiple weapons, decide that's not that fun anymore, or at least not fun enough to fill your buck tag & have to quit. Some don't feel that way, so what, over time education is still changing the bigger chunk of the population. I understand the frustration of most on here, but find the petty arguments kind of sickening.

I had to get a kick out of the people who said they were out of the discussion in 3 or 4 different posts...

Sorry if I'm offending some of you, but after 25 pages of this stuff it was pretty tough not to say something.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll admit they are bad examples. No, I don't think 2 record bucks are indicators of the overall age and genetic structures of our state wide herd. I couldn't resist with the Outdoor News comment. I'll point to the harvest statistics to disprove the fact we have a balanaced age structure in our current population. I just wanted to point out we have been targeting superior genetics since probably hunting began and I haven't heard of any complaints about genetic alteration until APR's showed up.

PeatMoss -

Like I've said before, both sides could point at articles and research that contradict each other. And the only conclusion I get from all of them is there are too many variables and unknowns to control in free ranging deer to accurately judge affects of harvesting what is presumed to be greater or lesser genetics based purely on number of points. If you get a different conclusion, great, let's agree to disagree.

I find most of the 25 pages of this post to be nothing more than a p-ing contest.

I agree with the poster who said just because you are against the additional regulation of APR's, doesn't mean you don't follow some type of quality management. For the majority of hunters that is an experience progression, what's wrong with that? Many, many guys, shoot a few small bucks & if they hunt a lot with multiple weapons, decide that's not that fun anymore, or at least not fun enough to fill your buck tag & have to quit. Some don't feel that way, so what, over time education is still changing the bigger chunk of the population. I understand the frustration of most on here, but find the petty arguments kind of sickening.

I had to get a kick out of the people who said they were out of the discussion in 3 or 4 different posts...

Sorry if I'm offending some of you, but after 25 pages of this stuff it was pretty tough not to say something.

+10000000000