• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It's kind of quiet here. Anyone been out spearing?

MJ1657

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where are you going spearing at MJ?

are you going to green?

I'll be on Fish Lake by Harris (just north of North Branch) I think i'm going to move my perm out there tomorrow so i'm not sure when I will actually spear. I will be out there spearing Sunday. Come on up, its just west of 35 at the Harris exit.

Give me a call if you want seven six three seven four four eight seven one eight.

what time are you going to be up there?

and whats the water clarity like?

10:00. Water clarity is good, its not as clear as Green but its fine. It's much better than last year.

Bring your atv. It freezes up late because it gets so deep. Probably could drive out now but i'm fairly cautious when it comes to that.

Ok got the gear toghther and ready to load the wheeler in the morning. MJ planning on being out around 10 in the morning meeting a few buddies out there for some panfish and spearing if you need a hand with the house just ask I think I'm headed down to the west end polaris with a plow and a frabill porty.

wife and i set up shop on minnewaska by glenwood yesterday. barely got setup and a nord comes in and hammers sues deke. thought it was going to be agood outing. seen lots of nords but man they'd come in grab my live deke and head straight for thee bottom. on ly ones that decoyed nice where the same size as those bear creek dekes. didnt see much for sufish. friends came out later set up about 100 yds away and ended up with about 10 crappies and 30 sunnies. wierd though sunfish bit till 6 pm at nite.

I stuck a 34" length, 24" girth, 24.2 pound carp today.

Two came through my hole today this one was the smaller of the two. The bigger one was in the lead but I didn't grab my spear in time to get it.

It was a little tough on my spear.

I was up with my grandpa and cousin this weekend on the third water flogage. Lots of nice panfish and stuck a couple pike each day. Nothing too great though. Lots of big walleye coming through the hole too but couldnt get them to bite on anything.

Same here, small pike but huge walleye, had a walleye miss my jig then gave up before another bite... was close to 30" guessing 9 or 10 lbs

Have the northerns lost their teeth and is that why they are not very aggressive yet? Most of the northerns are staying on the outside of the hole and nothing is attacking the decoy??

Everyone seems to be having that problem this year.

I am not sure why pike would be less active statewide year vs year.

Could it be all the snow on the ice this year leading to lower oxygen levels in the water?

Global warming, smarter fish, who knows? smile

Have the northerns lost their teeth and is that why they are not very aggressive yet? Most of the northerns are staying on the outside of the hole and nothing is attacking the decoy??

you'd have a hard time of convincing me of this based on what i seen on minnewaska all day sat!!! they were nuts! problem was once they attacked the bear creek or live chubby the bolted out as fast as they came in.