• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Buying Birds

iceman2010

As a kid i used to throw live mallards and shoot them for training dogs. We'd reuse the birds that have been shot by freezing them and bringing them out the next time for long directed retrieves. Can get pretty gross in the heat of the summer!! But it was money, and what kid doesn't love practicing his aim on live ducks..

I could contact the guys with the dogs to see if he's still got a source for live birds. What were you looking for?

I am in the very northwestern tip of MN, in Kittson County. I would be willing to drive as well, as for the bird no specifics anything from pigeons, to phesants, to chukar. Where are you located Kentucky Ike, and how much are you thinking for your birds?

Boy I would think you could buy a pigeon trap and find a grain storage place that would let you set it up at for not very much money. I tried using pigeons to train and found out that if you didn't have homers there was a problem after maybe a week of captivity. One time I had some wild pigeons that I had in a small cage - fed and watered properly - and after a week they couldn't fly very well. One actually flew about 30 yards and tried to land in a tree and fell out. Just my limited experience but something to think about.

FC Springer, that would be great! Any time of year? And I live a few hours away but go through Alexandria about once every six weeks or so. I would love to be a regular customer! My e-mail address is [email protected] if you want to give me some of your personal info so I can give you a ring when I plan on comin through next. Thanks again