• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What would you do?

deerminator

I have a day of time off I may take to bowhunt this week. I could either sit all day Thursday or do two half days on Wednesday and Thursday. I'm thinking all day Thursday and brining my doe decoy with me to place in front of the blind. My blind is set up in front of a big evergreen where a bedding area ends, two bean fields meet via a fencerow and there's more woods with a creek running through. It's sort of like where four corners all meet. There are trails everywhere and some lead to a picked cornfield near a ravine about a quarter of a mile away.

Depends on if that's the only place you want to hunt or if this is a good evening spot & you have another one that the wind's going to be right for the other night.

If you think it's a good morning spot the day might be the best choice.

I would check the weather and determine if there is a day that the wind direction is better suited for your blind location, also wind speed. If a one day looks better than the other, sit all day that day, if they were virtually the same, I would probably split the sits up.

I kind of like the idea of splitting up the day into two hunts, I did that last week and hunted two evenings and it worked out great. During the rut I like the mornings better but during Oct I prefer evening, however it depends on your location/land you are hunting. Right now its a tough call because there are some does coming into heat but things haven't exploded yet so the bucks could still be in their late Oct patterns. Whatever you decide good luck.

I'm facing a similar conundrom and am putting a lot of emphasis on the wind. If it's blowing at 25 mph I may wait for a calmer day. I don't like swaying in a tree and don't think the deer like to move in the wind. If your forecast is for wind both days and you must take this time this week, I'd hunt the evenenings because the wind will probalby die down towards dusk.

Thanks guys. Looks like tomorrow is going to be WINDY with winds out of the NW at about 21 mph. And Thursday winds out of the NW about half that speed. The deer should be headed my way from the west or the north for the most part, so I should be good that way. Now I'll just have to think about when to go. Maybe Wednesday night and then Thursday morning to try and get the best of both worlds. Plus the wind will hopefully die down some the last evening.