• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

peep sight tubing twist

anchor man

Just purchased a PSE Brute with peep sight and tubing. Shot fine at the store and when I took it to the range yesterday, the peep sight tubing wouldn't fully "untwist" and pull the peep into place. A small portion of tubing would be wrapped around the string at full draw. If I held in place for a few seconds before shooting, it would twist into place. Curious why it didn't happen at the store, but at the range. I was using my own release but used the store's release when testing out. Does some adjustment need to be made to the peep? If I shorten the tubing, will that put more force on the peep, therefore pulling into place better?

Thanks

Don't even try to talk him out of the rubber tubing. I've used it on mine for 15 years or more and it has NEVER not opened for me. Never.

I see friends shooting on the line all the time trying to twist the string around with their noses to get them to open, I just have to laugh.

I went away from the tubing with a peep sight that splits the string into 3 and do not have an issue. My preference only, my wife and daughter shoot with the tubing on and they have no want to change.

Remove and replace the tube like others have stated.

Make sure to roll the tube off the peep sight or you can tear it, lube it up to put it back on, usually just some spit does wonders. That just did not sound right.

Don't even try to talk him out of the rubber tubing. I've used it on mine for 15 years or more and it has NEVER not opened for me. Never.

I see friends shooting on the line all the time trying to twist the string around with their noses to get them to open, I just have to laugh.

They get caught on stuff walking through the woods, they crack, and break at the worst times- Just another thing to go wrong- Sorry Don, its my opinion wink

I agree with the tube causing problems, but if you are going to use them get the silicone ones that will take care of the rotting. They also don't seem to twist up as bad. As far as the string twisting causing you to not see thru your peep, just use a string loop and make sure it is tight to the string. If set properly your loop will align your peep for you. Something to consider tinkering with during the offseason.

Well it looked like the peep tubing was wrapped around the string and needed the string to rotate one full revolution while bringing to full draw before it would sraighten out the peep. Very simple fix, I pulled the tubing off the peep and unwound from the string. Looks to ready to shoot. Thanks all for the help.