• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nomination list for 2011

WalleyeGod

I can't believe KISS isn't in, Christine Sixteen was the first 45 I ever bought, and that was 33 yrs ago, yet I pretty much see KISS referenced on a weekly basis in todays world.

KISS was great, for a sixth and seventh grader. smile

For the guys that don't think that much of Rush or Kiss. It's cool. Be a fan of what you're a fan of. However, this isn't the "Who's popular right now" it's SUPPOSED to be the "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame."

Hall Of Fame.

Lotsa rockers out there much more deserving than LL Cool J.

Just to stir the pot a bit, there are only 2 other bands out there that have sold more albums than Rush. They started close to the same time, give or take some years. Rush is the only band of the 3 still playing, so Pbbbbbbbbt!!!!

Just to stir the pot a bit, there are only 2 other bands out there that have sold more albums than Rush.

That is false. I think you mean this, per wikipedia:

"Rush's sales statistics place them third behind The Beatles and The Rolling Stones for the most consecutive gold or platinum studio albums by a rock band."

As much as I don't like Rush, they surely should be in the HOF.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists

Over the course of their career, Rush has come to release 24 gold records and 14 platinum records (3 of which have gone multiplatinum),[97] placing them within the top 3 for the most consecutive gold albums by a rock band.[98] Rush ranks 79th in U.S. album sales according to the RIAA with sales of 25 million units.[98] Total worldwide sales approximate 40 million units.

Phish would definately be at the top of my list too, when eligible they should be a shoe in.

For old times sake of my childhood, I'd like to see Iron Maiden make the list.

I also think King Crimson has some good music.

I drove out to Cleveland years ago to try to get in to see the Talking Head perform but settled for drinking in the parking lot....david byrne is the man!

Also noted that album sales don't mean much. The Grateful Dead only had one hit song, ever, in 1987, after they were already legends. If they were getting in based on album sales we'd be seeinf Justin Beiber get in before Jerry and the Boys made it....

Just to stir the pot a bit, there are only 2 other bands out there that have sold more albums than Rush. They started close to the same time, give or take some years. Rush is the only band of the 3 still playing, so Pbbbbbbbbt!!!!

BANDS- but add in solo artists, like MJ, Elvis, Sinatra, etc etc etc and are they even top 10? 20? Not giving you junk, I think Rush deserves it as well. Have Rush sold more than KISS or U2? Are you sure they're even #3 on the bands list?

Also noted that album sales don't mean much. The Grateful Dead only had one hit song, ever, in 1987, after they were already legends. If they were getting in based on album sales we'd be seeinf Justin Beiber get in before Jerry and the Boys made it....

They had one CHARTED song, but 99.99999999% of all classic rock stations play Truckin', Sugar Magnolia and about 10 other songs of the Dead other than Touch of Grey. If Kanye West ever gets in- shoot me.

Phish does have a few years yet to be eligible, but givin how solid Phish 3.0 has been I don't think that will be tough for them to make it in. Hard not to with a thousand barefoot children outside....

King Crimson... heck Adrian Belew for SURE. He's done so much for music, and I can hardly find anyone who has heard of him. Saw him with Umphrey's McGee in South Bend a few years back on St Paddy's day. He's solid, very very influential, and has sold a lot of records (albeit a lot were sit ins and feature songs, but still)

Grateful Dead... Man oh man... just good music. Considering how iconic the dancing bear and steal your face logos have become, ya, their induction in '94 was more than merited.

heh, nope. I was a few years out of college and in between jobs, just needed to get out of town on a mini tour/spring break of sorts, since Phish was not touring at the time and my "annual" golf trip was canceled. I actually saw the Pontiac MI, Grand Rapids MI, and south bend shows from the st. pats run. Adrian Belew rocked!