• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Accessory advice.

hunter322

I have a few accesories i want to get for my bow. Im just not really sure what priority i should place them. i would like to get limb savers, silencers, quiver, stabilizer, sling, a hard case and a better sight. im going to be hunting this fall for the first time in about 15 years. im on a tight budget and i want to get one or two that would greatly enhance my chance for a kill shot. any addvice.

Without knowing exactly what you've got, it's tough to answer.

Of the things you mentioned, two things pop out at me-- I really like having a sight that I'm comfortable with, that "fits my eye", and that is very bright in low light. The last 15 minutes of legal shooting time is often money time and it's no dang good if you can't find your pins. The other thing that I value a lot in a bow is that it is quiet. Any accessory that you can get that quiets your bow down is a good one, in my book.

If you can access a group of archers you can buy much of what you're looking for at 1/4 the price, if you're willing to get a used item. Many of the things you mentioned don't really wear out and I wouldn't hesitate to buy used (stabilizer, quiver, case, etc). You might consider looking in the classified sections of online archery sites.

Good luck!

the sight is always #1 without a good sight you might not be hitting your target, you can get limb savers pretty cheap if you look around, hit up gander and look at there bargin stuff they have older ones or different brand ones in there for cheap.

Do you have any of the forementioned accessories already? Not sure if you're just looking to upgrade or purchase for the first time. Like Scoot said, I'd invest in a quality sight with metal sight pins with plenty of fiber optic. A sling will promote better form with less torque and is a pretty inexpensive item. An inexpensive soft case will work fine. I never use my hard case unless I'm traveling, and even then it just takes up too much room. If you're comfortable with your rest, arrows, & broadheads, I'd get a quality sight, a stabilizer, & wrist sling. Next year you can add some limb silencers, maybe a string suppressor, and a pack of broadheads?

You don't need fancy equipment to shoot deer. Practice with what you have and know your limitations and you'll have a successful season.

Quivers are definetly nice, but i would stray away from the ones that mount on your bow! Makes it more difficult to stabilize your bow while shooting, a hip quiver works really well and when you get into your stand you can take it off and set it in your stand or ground blind!