• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lighted Nocks

schmoe147

I have used lumenok in my gold tip pro hunters and love them. There is no question where you hit or miss that deer. I have used the same one for the last three seasons and shot one doe and one buck with it, and also missed another doe. But with the miss it was no question i was not on target. I know there are now lots of different brands and kinds, and everyone has their opion. so do some research and find what works the best for you. I'd check websites for reviews and read specs for more details. But i do recommend them in all hunting situations where able.

I am the exact opposite on the Tracer Nocks. I had to return one package because the batteries on 2 of them were almost dead when I got them and the other package I got one was dim already as well. I tried them about a month ago and they will not turn on now....Didn't work for me I guess. Gonna try something different this year.

I've had mixed results using Tracers, Lumenoks, & the CX Lasereyes. Lumenoks are dependable but they don't always fit and the 2 prong connectors don't always make good contact, especially if using Bull-dog nock collars. I took the collars off. I've got Tracers on now and they work great but the magnets can cause them to turn on/off unexpectedly or get left on and die. I think Easton is making an inline change on them but I haven't seen the new ones yet. The CX's weren't as bright and I didn't like the design by pushing/pulling them in/out. I haven't used Firenocks but from what I've read, although expensive are worth every penney. The most recent one and one I'd probably recommend getting is the Nockturnal lighted nock. It's activated inside the nock using the ear of another nock, tip of a broadhead, anything small & pointy. They seem lighter than all the other models, are bright, & most importanty - they work great. There's a few others on the market as well, I know G5 makes one and there's one utilizing glow sticks but if you want to get the most for your money, I'd say either Firenocks or Nockturnal's would be your best bet.

I have been shooting firenocks for a couple months now. They have changeable batteries and they are now starting to get dim quicker(need new batteries after shooting daily). I think new batteries are about $2 each. Firenocks are kinda spendy....

I bought Tracer nocks 2 years ago and could not to get them to light consistantly, I then went to the Lumenocks and have not turned back.

My wife tried the G5's last year and we could not get them to light every time, found out it was the quality of the Carbon Arrow Shafts that were causing that dileamma. So this year we bought a higher quality carbon, but of course it was a different diameter, so she is now shooting Lumenocks.

I have adopted the G5's for this year along with the Lumenocks.

Lumenocks all the way.

I practice very little with them, at $10 a crack, not risking a robin hood or one of my shooting members being smart and aiming for the light.