• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Base Layer (Scent Control) Recommendations

stick

I'm planning on picking up some scent control base layers for this year's season. Does anyone have any recommendations overall. There are so many to choose from, and I'm thinking about the following items:

- Insulated or uninsulated (I'm leaning towards uninsulated)

- Model (this is where it gets crazy). Been leaning towards the Bone Collector series at the Rogers retail store.

Anyone have any thoughts/comments/recommendations?

I'm planning on picking up some scent control base layers for this year's season. Does anyone have any recommendations overall. There are so many to choose from, and I'm thinking about the following items:

- Insulated or uninsulated (I'm leaning towards uninsulated)

- Model (this is where it gets crazy). Been leaning towards the Bone Collector series at the Rogers retail store.

Anyone have any thoughts/comments/recommendations?

for early season I use X-scent material. It's the lightest I've found.

What you're looking at would work better mid season[my .02]. I believe it is scent shield stuff, which uses nano silver. It can be washed before each hunt if you wanted. And that's a good thing being early season you'll sweat more.

Either way, I use non insulated base layers, sock liners and an x-static head mask too. Late season I'll wear that with my bulky outer wear being scent lok. Using the scent lok keeps the wash load way down and I also got a few pairs of base layers on hand.

if you're thinking on getting uninsulated, then archerysniper read my mind. if you ask me, the last thing you want is extra layers in the fall. nothing worse than sweating while sitting in the stand, let alone knowing its your fault, cause you're wearing an unnecessary layer!

Bow hunting in Texas I learned how to dress for success.

In 90 degree heat, I'll wear x-scent base layer with a light weight bug suit. It's likened to wearing the air conditioner of hunting clothes.

Plus the silver technology kills the bacteria causing oders , much needed when you sweat.

Wearing scent lok savanna wouldn't even come close to the comfort.

Proven Technology: Ten years of testing and research by major universities, the medical industry and the U.S. Military have proven the odor-control effectiveness of silver fiber technology. Silver fiber technology is used in many FDA approved products and is registered as an antimicrobial with the EPA.

Versatile Comfort: Silver fiber technology is thermodynamic, which keeps you cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter by conducting body heat away from and around your body. The fabric is highly breathable, making skin surface feel refreshed

As far as sweating in this stuff. I think everything works to its abilities. Some, like this material just outperforms anything else available...except hunting nekkid.

I went to the inexpensive silver base layer a few years ago. I can wear that with lottsa different camo patterns so I don't need all that expensive stuff. And of course a good shower, scent free pit and scent killer. I love it when something comes in downwind and thinks I'm a couple hundered yards away. But in all my hunting most bucks come in with the breeze quartering on their back anyways.