• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Post your 2010 Pyrotechnics photo's here. (aka Fireworks)

I will Start with a few from the Minnesota State University Moorheads show. Take with tripod, remote shutter release, in Manual mode. ISO 100 f9, using between 1/2 second to 2 second exposure. The last image called light writing was done in Bulb mode, about a 23 second exposure at iso 100 f22.

126233544.jpg

126233547.jpg

This is a self portrait of me writing my name with a sparkler. Writing backwards bulb mode with wife holding the button for 10 seconds.

126233549.jpg

Very nice work guys! I haven't posted anything in a while so I'll throw one up here too.

Taken with D200, 18mm on bulb with remote release. I used a card to hold over the lens so I could expose multiple bursts in one shot. While it was exposing I also zoomed the lens.

pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=1703.jpg

Well I had some better luck than last year. Tried experimenting with more combination settings and came out with some really good pics this year. The ones that i'm posting here are some of the more unique ones that resemble things.

This one is the Sea Urchen from He11!! you can see the face in the middle wink

SeaUrchinfromhell.jpg

This one reminds me of the sun over the horizon...so to speak.

sunoverhorizon.jpg

This one reminds me of a flower pot with a dandelion in the background grin

flowerpotwithdandelion.jpg

This one you have to stretch the imagination a little, but it looks like bugs over a flower pot. cool

Bugsoveraflowerpot.jpg

This is a typical perspective shot with a few crowns going off.

Multicolor.jpg

Last year, my pursuit of getting a great fireworks shot was a bust. I left my house too late and everywhere I went was packed to the brim with cars and the spot I ended up with was mediocre at best.

This year was different - I left the house by 8:15 for our 10:10 display and I think I got the exact shot I was looking for.

The fireworks are about a mile away and the bridge/carnival just a bit further, the distances are tough to see with the black sky though.

Let me know what you think - thanks for looking!

923921125_C2Qc3-XL.jpg

Our town's celebration is this weekend, so we hadn't watched any fireworks until last night. I am sure that many of the ones I took turned out because of happy accidents, but at least I had some turn out...unlike the past three years. smile

Cropped pretty hard, but I liked it.

4780290881_f1417ac44c.jpg

I liked the colors reflected in the lake.

4780291023_3f3003b3d6_b.jpg

My favorite of the night. This was during the grand finale.

4780926630_595eb0f8b3_b.jpg