• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LOOK OUT POLARIS RAZR, THERE'S A NEW KID IN TOWN!

Dave S

Can Am is finally releasing their new SXS ATVs for 2011. In total, there are 5 different machines with motors displacing 800 and 1000cc. Horsepower ratings are 71 and 85hp.

Of the photos I've seen, they have the typical Can Am lines similar to those on the Renegade ATVs. I didn't see any mention of the power steering carrying over from the Can Am Spyder but I can see that being a possibility in the future. Especially considering how popular the Class 1 ATVs seem to be with EPS.

I think it might be time to upgrade the ranger...I'm a big fan of the 85 hp. Polaris is going to be in trouble with these coming out. Any idea on when they are supposed to start showing up at the dealers?

After the news of Polaris moving to mexico my brand loyalty is gone.

the polaris rzr doesnt have the 850 motor in it yet so I wont be surprised if we see that next, and still weights about 300lbs less than the can-am. I am curious to see the comparison, not going to say one is better than the other, etc just an observation.

all i know is I am happy to see it, its great competition by another manufacturer which will only put pressure on the others to step their game up and keep improving these machines.

although I have a feeling some other makes will just be getting bold new colors and graphics smile

2012 will be the release of the new polaris side by side... With all this new hip that can-am is getting maybe polaris will release it next's year. The dealer show is in late july so that is when will see if there is any new goodies for polaris. I know they have been testing it for the late few weeks in Arizona. smile

The Can am is kinda what I've been looking for, after having a ranger since 2007 I want something a little more sporty but easier to jump in and out of than a Rzr. I've driven Rzrs and for around the farm they really aren't that handy. As far as the other brands, kawi and yamaha I'm not the least bit interested in them. Can't wait till september for the first ride.