• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bowfishing arrow rest

I will be shooting an older compound. I have a 3/4 whisker biscuit on my compound deer hunting bow and I used that last year before I found a cheap bow fishing bow at a garage sale. The only thing I dont like about the whisker biscuit is the arrow falls to the bottom of the ring, but that is a lot better than falling off like it does now on my stock rest.

I shoot from the shelf.

I have used the roller rest in the past. It works well if you dont want to change your nock point and what not. They use to make an insert for the Wisker or one primarily for bowfishing with stiffer wiskers in it, That works good as well.

But for ease, speed of second shots, water, mud, etc. the shelf is easier to use and clean.

i shoot a compound and use the muzzy fish hook rest, no problems at all, shoots perfect for me and holds the arrow to the same spot every time. You shouldnt have any problems with any of the bowfishing designed rests

I use an epoxy rest. Super simple and cheap. Just use kneadable plumber's epoxy, shape into into a ball and stick it on the rise. Then wet the epoxy on the top, knock your arrow and eye-ball the center. Work the arrow into the epoxy, and then remove. You should have a nice groove perfect for the arrow. After the epoxy cures, test fire it and make adjustments with sandpaper. If it's all f'd up, knock it off with a hammer and start over. I use this method for all my bowfishing stuff.