• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NHL playoffs

Mudcutter

Right on Geno and MNWild!

I just hope the refs don't try to "extend" this series with their one sided calling of the game. That slash on Seebrook by Richards was obvious and they all "missed" the call yet they found three Hawks in the first period doing something wrong.

Old school refs would have never let the calls get so one sided like they have in the San Jose series and the start of this one.

Hockey penalties are kind of like football penalties and they can always find something to call if they are so inclined. I say let the boys play, but if you are gonna call them one way you have to call them the other too!

ORIGINAL SIX BABY!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see this series going 6 not 7. I would like to see Chicago win it but I like the story of Philly in this playoff's, how they got in and being down 3 against Boston. I will say Philly in 6.

Refs missed some penalties both ways last night.

Windy - I agree, let the boys play. Unless it stops a scoring chance, don't call it. If it gets out of hand. Let the players police the game.

Good game last night. I thought the Hawks were going to screw it up with a fe minutes left. Philly put on a lot of pressure.

Sticking with Hawks in 6. Philly could have won either of those games with a few bounces. They get back in their house, they'll take one or two.

Fly,

I am right there with you about the penalties but when one team gets all of them and the other gets none and it happens in two series in a row you start getting a little paranoid! First with San Jose and now with Philly. If the refs ever need to even things up all they have to do is watch Pronger while he cross checks Big Buff about 97 times a game. The only thing that worries me is the trends that get set and then the Hawks need a call when they are down and don't get one.

I think that penalties should even out pretty much unless one team goons it up (like the Flyers tried to do with Carpelli) what a cement head. Loved it when he tried to nail Kopecky and took out his own guy with a huge hit and Seabrook gets back to the bench and says "That's the first good hit you had all year" Laughed by azz off on that one! Go Hawks! O'Cedars baby.

ORIGINAL SIX BABY!

Pronger has been pulling that "stuff" his whole career. It's who he is. Everyone gives the guys in the slot a bump, but hes always got one eye on the refs waiting for a chance to give him a slash.

His whole thing about throwing the game winning pucks away really shows who he is. If I were Eager, I'd pick up the puck at the end of tonight's game and hand it to Pronger. Throwing those pucks away seems to be pretty important to him.

I know I may be a minority on Pronger but I've always enjoyed watching him play. The guy is a headcase and does a great job at getting into the minds of the opposing team. Is he a schmuck? Absolutely, but teams need guys that can mix it up and gain that psychological advantage, especially in playoffs. Despite his antics, he's a very solid defensemen that I'd love to have on my team but would hate to play against. Taking the pucks at the end of the game is pretty childish and unsportsmanlike but if he gains an edge from it....so be it. This is the big dance.

I'll be watching Pronger pretty closely for the first few shifts to see what develops. wink

I have always hated Pronger, he is too big to start that much on the ice and never back it up with a fight. I do think it is kind of funny that he is stealing the game pucks. That is just old school head games there. You know he is in a few guys heads with that move. Too funny.

That said, I am disappointed with Chicago. I really thought they were better, unless of coarse Philly is really just playing their best hockey. Either way, I am predicting a Philly win tonight. how about 4-2. I would love to get this series tied up......after game 4.

OK I will put my O'Cedar away but will break off the stick and shove it up Prongers big baby azz when the Hawks dump these turds on Sunday. Key question still remains, will the refs every get the nads to call a slashing on Pronger? They had no problem calling a slash on Big Buff the first time he breaks Prongers stick. Maybe Pronger has to break his stick over Buff's back for them to call it a cross check???

A minor change in plans, we will have to celebrate here instead of there and at the end of the weekend rather than the beginning. Hawks in 5, no doubt! If this is the best they got, we hit the pipe on two shots early that would have put this one away too but it was for not. I look for the Hawks to win by at least two goals on Friday and by at least three on Sunday!

Now I get to go to the game on Sunday. Sect 111 Row 1 Center ice on the glass, going for 10K each, anybody want to come???

It's unfortunate how two of Philly's goals really just were inches from not being a goal. (I think Hawks hit the post a third time but, regardless, if it wasn't for Niemi they would have got slaughtered). Looked like Kane had a much better game so I hope he continues with a strong effort.

Like I said before, a sweep in a Finals match would be pretty tough. I only hope they win 2 of the remaining games played -- a full collapse would rate them up there over my '69 Cubs for sure.

Windy,

I'd love to join you at the game but fortunately I will be on Cass when the Cup ends -- leaving Fri after the Hawks game -- I hope cable in our cabin pulls in the match finale!

Great game last night. The line change in overtime really bit the hawks in the rear. Solid goalkeeping on both ends last night made for a great game. Niemi keeping that goal from going in off the post and on the goal line was incredible....a true test of nerves. The O'Cedar can be put away, but not after you clean up the mess from last night Windy. wink

Again,

Not putting the O'Cedar away, breaking off the shaft and using it to shove up Pronger's big baby azz. Amazing how such a powder puff will get away with cheap shots but never seems to want to mix it up with the big boys. I am sure Ben Eager would give him a few rounds to see what he is made of. My guess would be cream puff since he only sits back and cross checks when the refs are not looking and then crys like a little baby when somebody breaks his stick on a slash. As soon as his stick got broke you could see him whining...Teacher Teacher, Big Buff is picking on me, please call a penalty because that is the only way my team can score.

Penalties still hugely in favor of Philly for the series and I look for that trend to continue tomorrow. The league definitely wants to extend this series and it is obvious that the Flyers can not do this at even strength.

Hawks in 5 despite the refs bias! Skill will win out. Geno, have a great time in Cass, leave a few wallys for me. I guess I will have to find somebody else to pony up the 10K for that golden seat! LOL

That was some fun hockey last night. I dont really care who wins, but I find myself leaning toward Philly. They just have to work so hard for a goal. I really think if Chic didnt have a hot goalie, this series would be quite different. I have always hated Pronger, I still dont know how he gets away with no penalties. SO did he get the game puck last night?

A question for you, why did the goal in OT not count last night. I am talking about the second effort that Carter put it away on. We say the first shot didnt go in, a few people celebrated, but I didnt hear a whistle. The play wast ruled dead before Carter got the puck across.

I was wondering that too. I didn't hear a whistle, thought it was over. Maybe it was that whole "intent to blow the whistle" thing. If you ask me, that's a bad idea. The play should be stopped when the whistle first blows, not when the ref intended to blow it.

Game 3 was huge. No way Philly is coming back again from 3-0,, it simply doesn't happen. Game 4 is bigger. The winner I believe hoists the Cup,, as the jive will be in that team. Chi has not lost 2 in a row in a long time,, and I think if they do, they lose to a superior team upstairs between the ears. Flyers are about as mentally tough as they come. ,, Philly in 6.

The comparsion to the cubs of 69' is kinda of weird. Any comparsion to the Cubs is not a good thing,, thou I don't think the B-hawks will have dropped to that level if they choke it away. I have disliked the Blackhawks since my teen days with Savard,Secord and frekin Murray Bannerman, much prefrered Pelle Lindberg, HExtall and to those that remember the CRAZY 8's of the early 90's-- and the old Spectrum. so go FLYERS.---

I think I heard them say the whistle blew on the non-goal, although I couldn't hear anything on the replay. If the rest of the team didn't start celebrating the pipe/puck on the goal line and went after it like Carter they might have jammed it in and it would have counted. Instead they all thought they scored and the ref was quick to blow the whistle when it didn't go in.

I slightly favor Chicago in this one but I won't really care if Philly win, I just want to see a few more OT games and a game 7 would be fun.

I think they said the ref blew the whistle after he lost site of the puck in Niemis pads. First effort was not a goal and they got the call right. Somebody asked me if the winning goal was kicked in and I thought it looked like maybe, not sure if he was doing a kicking motion but the last thing the puck hit was his skate. Oh well, too bad so sad, game is in the books, just like Gallaraga's almost perfect game. Onto bigger fish to fry, T-Minus 6 hours and counting! GO HAWKS

OK, I sure hope somebody else brings the cheese because here comes a whole jug of whine!

It is clear to even the most casual observer that the league has achieved what it desired and that is an extended series. The penalties were so lopsided that they were comical and then the refs call a few garbage calls back to back late in the game when the "think" the Flyers can handle it being up by 3 goals and it almost backfires on them!

When you hear an announcer saying, "our replay guys are trying to find the slash on Patrick Sharp but they can't find one. We will get back to you if we do, and then you hear nothing. And then later the replay guy shows several penalties on the Flyers that go uncalled you have to believe that the league ordered this game long before they dropped the first puck.

My guess it that the Hawks will take this thing in 6 unless the refs steal another one from them on the road with their bogus calls. Add up the penalty minutes and you will see. Take out the two garbage even up calls they made late in the third and it is more obvious.

Pronger makes a living out of cross checking guys and the first tap that Seabrook puts on a guy gets called for cross checking. Unbelievable!

Just amazing how the refs and the league can truly take away a game or two from the far superior team to even things up so they can milk the revenue for a few more games!

Shoot back with any retorts you want but you know I am right!

Hawks had not lost back to back games on the road since NOV. Philly has not lost past the 3rd game in all the playoffs. The Hawks may have Superior talent,, thou I think Neimi is bit rattled and the Flyers have the smarts compared to the talenl of the Hawks. Want Philly to win,, but I really want 7 games and for the NHL to show up the NBA on Sunday night. What's up with that?? and what's up with the NBA taking 2 FULL days off in the same city?? It's been going on for years with all the rest the NBA gets in the Finals,, another reason why the CUP is the hardest trophy to win outta the BIG 4.

Sorry Windy, but Philly will win this series too much talent and experiance on Philly's roster. Hawks will be good in the next few years after having this experiance under their skin, just got to keep the core players.