• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I'm not mowing lawn this year!!

BobT

Opened the "Lawn & Garden" threads this morning and the first four posts were about lawn mower problems. I think I'm going to leave mine in the shed and wait for this disease to pass. crazy

I could always sell you a sheep instead... wink

I'd like to try the Al Berner approach. His yard is or was last time I saw it, native prairie. Think of all the woodchucks, gophers and varmints one could shoot from the sliding glass window. grin

I'm with ya! I should have never started mowing! My 2 year old cub cadet hatched its hydro drive this spring! Thankfully for the good folks at Leroux's in Scandia they were able to take care of me and get it covered under warranty despite me being an [PoorWordUsage] and buying the Cub at a big box store. Never again will I go big box for a purchase like that! Learned my lesson!

I could always sell you a sheep instead... wink

I'd like to try the Al Berner approach. His yard is or was last time I saw it, native prairie. Think of all the woodchucks, gophers and varmints one could shoot from the sliding glass window. grin

Never thought about the potential off-season hunting opportunities. Maybe I'll have to think a little more seriously about this.

Opened the "Lawn & Garden" threads this morning and the first four posts were about lawn mower problems. I think I'm going to leave mine in the shed and wait for this disease to pass. crazy

Bob, This might sound crazy but I didn't know you were my neighbor!!! You might be though because I have mowed 6 times this spring and my neighbor zero!!! Of course he may be getting ready to mow now that the dandielions have finished seeding out in his yard........ and blowing them over to mine.

go native prairire. I just finished planting another 2,000 square feet of my front yard and I can't wait to see what happens. The 3,000 I did last year is starting to come up and I already have blooms. No clue what they are but I don't have to mow, fertilize or spray!

Or, one could plant the variety of grass that needs to be mowed only a few times a season. I also believe there is a growth chemical out on the market that one can spray the lawn and it just about does not grow.

I have seen these lawn plugs for a lawn and I believe that this also grows very slow.

No goats or sheep for me.