• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Call of Duty: Black Ops

LMITOUT

Thanks Wimbie. I've been reading a lot of mixed reviews about the MP. I tried to watch a walkthrough video by the developer and it sure looked confusing.

Just my opinion but it seems like they tried to outhink themselves with all the missions and bonuses and bounties. People just want to run around, and blow stuff up and shoot each other. Keep it simple

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched a few vids of home front. Looks pretty neat. I agree with you darren looks confusing however once you start playing im sure it would come with ease.

I am not to fond of the game play when vehicles are involved. I use to play battle field all the time. Unless you have a lobby full of your friends it is not that fun.

Basically it becomes a race to who can get to a vehicle the fastest...

You also get the guys who purposely go to a vehicle drive it and destroy it so it doesn't spawn for a while.

Id rent this game before I would buy it to see if I like the MP on it. They game play looks much slower than any of the COD interfaces.

Reminds me of Battlefield cross with MAG, I have played both demos and I wasn't impressed. I can expect this game might be about the same for game play...

I have no cable or internet at the new house, probably will wait till winter before I do. But I was able to snag a wireless signal from a neighbor. their carrier is deitz favorite. Frontier!

I was able to get in a game and play but it was sure laggy. I was running between a red and yellow bars the whole game. I still managed to go 10-7 and be in second place lol.

I still might be able to play a few rounds with you guys, however, id be the guy jumping all over the screen. I might try to teather my phone to my xbox to and see if that will work for me.

Battlefield... People just stood in line to get in a vehicle... Then when one did arise. instead of waiting 4 seconds for someone to get in and run another part of that vehicle you end up having a tank with just a driver, a helicopter with just a driver when you could have 2 or 3 more guns firing...

From what I understand the vehicles in homefront work differently. They don't spawn, you have to buy them with battle points that you earn during the match. Their battle points take the place of kill streaks. I'm debating getting this game but I might wait a week for crysis 2 to come out and see which one looks best.

Enlist in the most explosive gaming event of the spring: the Gears of War 3 Multiplayer Beta!

Get into the Beta by preordering Gears of War 3 through select retailers. The Beta begins April 25 and ends May 15. For those of you who purchased the Bulletstorm Epic Edition (on Xbox 360 only), you get early access to the Beta, beginning April 18.

This is your chance to help shape the most anticipated game of 2011. Find more beta details and the selected pre-order retailer in your region after the jump!

Anyone that rents the Homefront to try out the MP might be disappointed, I don't think you'll be able to play past lvl. 5 'cus you have to enter a code that comes with the new game or buy a code.

Enlist in the most explosive gaming event of the spring: the Gears of War 3 Multiplayer Beta!

Get into the Beta by preordering Gears of War 3 through select retailers. The Beta begins April 25 and ends May 15. For those of you who purchased the Bulletstorm Epic Edition (on Xbox 360 only), you get early access to the Beta, beginning April 18.

This is your chance to help shape the most anticipated game of 2011. Find more beta details and the selected pre-order retailer in your region after the jump!

One of the big reasons that I got this game.

Hey, Not sure where to put this.. Probably should have started a new post as it really does not relate to "Black Ops"... but here is my review of Homefront. Which I picked up and played last night with a buddy(au2104).

This is only a multiplayer review as I did not play the single player yet at all.

Overall, I had a blast. I really liked the game. Maybe it was the newness? I talked to Au this morning and we both thought the game was very fun.. But very different than ops.

Less boards to play, but are larger. Graphics may be only slightly worse than ops, but to be honest, not even sure about that. Boards also have way more levels(heights).. buildings were 3 even 4 stories. bilboards, hills, houses.. less guns than ops, but I almost kind of liked that.. kept people more on a level playing field. more sniping in this game, which to me I also thought was ok. I REALLY like the spawn a lot better in this game. You fall out of the sky and can see the field and all the players below. SO there is little to no risk of being spawn screwed becuase you could see if someone was behind you. In in game points system is fun, you can buy different perks. A lot of people seemed scared about all the vehicles. You can not steal them from someone, and to be honest, they are way over rated. I played for 2.5 hours, and maybe got killed by 1 humvee, the punk just ran me down.. didnt shoot me, just ran me over.. I guess thats what I get for standing in the middle of the road trying to shoot it. I also got taken out by a couple a radio hellicopters. Grenades were not nearly as harsh as in ops, I was throwing them things all over and not sure I ever got a kill?

I know this is just random thoughts I probably should have formed this a little better. As for the bad, sometimes when you spawned you got placed a long way away from the action. With the boards so large that was tough. Last night au2104 and I could not get in on the same game, no matter what we tried. And it took longer to get into games than ops. We looked online and they said they are working on both issues, from the sounds of it they were not ready for as popular as it was.

Black Ops is getting Weird. This is a clip from last night. I was seriously like, What the Fudge is going on here?!? And the game before this I died on NukeTown Launching a RC car but wasnt allowed to respawn.

Couldn't find anything about the latest "leak" for black ops, so I thought I'd post the news.

Looks as though another map pack is slated for possibly May. Black Ops - Escalation.

from what I read, 3 more multiplayer maps (zoo, convoy and hotel?!?!?) along with another zombies map.

Couldn't find anything about the latest "leak" for black ops, so I thought I'd post the news.

Looks as though another map pack is slated for possibly May. Black Ops - Escalation.

from what I read, 3 more multiplayer maps (zoo, convoy and hotel?!?!?) along with another zombies map.