• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Call of Duty: Black Ops

LMITOUT

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever hear about bringing along an ugly friend to make yourself look better?

Why do you think John takes me fishing all the time??

So you are saying john brings you out fishing because he catches more fish than you? So you are holding johns fish in most of your videos and photos? smilewink

Well you could watch some Blu Ray movies for the next month...

What bugs me the most about it is alot of ppl, have both consoles and by the time PS3 ppl get it all the 360 guys have the maps down pat. You even notice that with European players, since they get it hours ahead of time. But its ok, I can wait a month and not have to pay a fee to play online wink

My thoughts on the new boards.. First impression.. Wow.. Large. They are all very big boards. With the popularity of Nuketown and Fireing Range I expected one of the maps to be a smaller one. Not the case, all pretty big.

Berlin Wall-Neat board, stay out of the red. Nobody that I was with had ghost pro, so we dont know if you can make it with that, but we know you cant make it without it. LOL Plenty of camping spots, but also seems like a decent board to run and gun as rat showed us by going 30-3 I think on the first FFA we did.

Kowhatever its called---Freaky board, tons of different levels. Bottomless pit in the middle. Narrow walk ways. Going to take a while to learn for sure. Raining, hard to see... FUN!

Discovery- Snow, great board as well, with a lot of different levels and buildings. Could be wrong, but may be one of the biggest boards yet. The most open of all the boards, this is the best sniping board for sure.

Stadium- Maybe my fave of the new group. Maybe just because its a stadium. Plenty open, seems best for run and gun though. Yet has plenty of hiding spots too.

Yep, the new maps are fun.

Kowloon or whatever it's called is my favorite. Ziplines, bottomless pit in the middle, and what seems like infinite paths to take. Reminds me a bit of Cracked.

Stadium next I think. Smallest of the 4 and a good one to run and gun.

And for me I HATE Kowloon. Now that you mention it it does remind me of Cracked. Which is probably my least favorite of the other maps.

Stadium is good, it seems pretty small versus the others probably my favorite. Definitely will take some getting used to with these new maps.

I have seen people do that with the Tomahawk...pretty sweet.

My recap of the new maps:

1. Stadium - This map is awesome. Not a lot of places to hide, and plenty of action for runnin' and gunnin' (which I like to do). If you like sniping, sorry this map is not really for you.

2. Kowloon - Another great map. I like the small maps, but this one is great because it has so many layers to it. Lots of places to go and a lot of entry points into the various buildings.

3. Discovery - I'm not good at this map but I do enjoy it. Medium sized map that is good for mid-long range shooting skirmishes. Sniping is possible, but not my cup of tea.

4. Berlin Wall - I cannot stand this map one bit. No-mans-land is a cool idea, but it is a huge waste of space on this large map. What you are left with is a large square outline that you are forced to use, with too much distance and camping spots for snipers for my tastes. I think it's a cool map, but I can't play it...just doesn't suit my run and gun tastes.

I was very skeptical about these maps but I will say I do like them. I haven't played much multi player on it but I was able to get lots of combat training in to learn these maps. After one night of playing I say I have a good idea where everything leads.

as for berlin wall, a little trick I found out is you can throw a willy pete in the red and as long as that smoke covers those turrets you will not be found. For instance I threw a willy pete in from one end the smoke gave way and I was able to make it to the smoke with out being shot at. After getting to that point I was able to run through the rest of the red getting hit but not dying.

Tomahawk is one of my favorite weapons. I haven't gotten an across the map kill just yet, but i feel it is coming. It sure is fun getting those tomahawk kills though! really ticks a guy off when they get hit by one.

I like to have it when I run out of ammo in my clip and the other guy is out too! instead of taking the time to reload or try to knife I can usually whip a tomahawk at him/her and take em down