• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Call of Duty: Black Ops

LMITOUT

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, Got a Prestige question... When you Prestige, do you get to keep anything? From what I understand.. You keep your player card stuff, and maybe some other stuff like scope recticles and such when you earn that gun again. DO you get to keep your pro-status on the perks? Anything good? If not, whats the point? Can I stay level 50 forever? Or at some point do you have to prestige? or do people start to tease you for being a looser and a punk for not prestiging as soon as you can? I just dont get it. I never got to level 70 on MW2 So I never really needed to worry about it. I currently have Slight of Hand Pro, and Last Chance Pro and am very close to Hardline Pro.. Would like to keep those. also really like the commando and the G11.. but could give them up..

Thanks for any help.

You keep your player card, and your sights. that is it. Everything starts all over. In my opinion it is not worth it. I prestiged three or four times in MW2 but only because I was bored certain days. I plan on staying on level 50 and just having everything unlocked.

I was clocked by the tomahawk from across the board a week or so ago. Random, Cheesy.

Still experiencing lag, server errors. I like the game, but am beginning to sour on it due to this.

Yeah some of those Pro perk were a bugger to get, so like MW2 I won't be pretiging either.

Honestly, I would rather just see more unlocks and have it go to like level 100 or something. Or have things you can buy for like 20,000 (you never quit earning COD points).

So it seems someone was whining about all the campers on XBox last night and something about going back to PS3. whistlegrin

Like said you can keep your gamer card stuff you purchased, but make sure your player card is how you like it before prestiging. You can not change it again until you unlock the privilege once again. Lens, retinal(?), scope stuff you keep, but again you have to unlocked it. If you buy the clan tag or player card info being displayed on one of your guns, this is also kept, but need to be unlocked.

I have all my layers unlocked now and a ton of objects. I upgraded my background once again and should save up another $10,000 tonight to grab another background or two before I prestige on over to level 2. I guess I will prestige as long as I am able to level up. Keep things interesting IMO. If I would have kept leveling up in MW2, I would have had 10th Prestige legitimately and maybe a little better of a player. grin

I have not gotten into pulling your matches off yet via USB, but have been working, and IMO working pretty well but still needs some tuning, with a capture card I had gotten a years or so ago. I will put together a video and upload. grin I am going for the Epic Fails. laugh

I just threw this up and it has not even finished processing yet. This was the first full match I captured last weekend. Kind of different watching a capture and playing at the same time. Epic Match! grin

I know. lol! To reroute the video feed back to the TV you reduce the HQ and size and I was monkeying with the setting and watch the input on my laptop. Having two video viewing sources screws with a guy for some reason. It was more of the fact I got all this techno-pop-o garage to work together rather than playing that match. laugh Then add in the fact I picked a random class and the sensitivity was not set correct for that class. Actually I was impressed for what I did and a win is a win. grin Pure Epic!

I hate Black Ops. Cant aim..and when I do manage to get my aiming on point, I might as well be shooting farts at people cuz my bullets don't do jack. Might be better off with a sling shot that shoots styrofoam peanuts. Its a major trial by fire. I have never played a COD game and Xbox is my first console system since Sega Genesis. All of my gaming has been on the PC so having to learn controller skillz sucks!

Its funny cuz I hear beach'n bout camping but my FPS experience comes from the sniper servers for UT4, where run & gunning was majorly frowned upon.

I did order up some cable adapters so I can hook up my PC headset. Will be nice to hear everything in my headphones so I can crank it up and my neighbors wont hate me.

I basically don't know how to do anything but die. I hate Black Ops....and yes I will be on tonight. smile

Rush I think we all hated it at first. IMHO it is not MW2 and if this had been the option I had to jump in with last winter I am not sure if I would still be playing now. MW2 compared to BO is cooler, but does not have me feeling this is it like MW2 had me feeling when I started playing. Maybe MW3 will?

Wow shack... The whole time I watched that I was thinking either this guy has had about 10 too many, this is his first time trying a sensitivity of 10, or both...

Deitz, when you prestige one of the things you get is more custom class slots. The first prestige you unlock one, and then every two or three after that you get another so if you go all the way you'll have 10 custom class slots.

Im kinda suprised they didnt give people more incentive to prestige in this game, like prestige only weapons. Ill probably go til I have 7 maybe 8 custom classes. With only 50 levels prestiging seems to go fairly quick in this game and the fact that you can buy the equipment you want right from the start makes it easier.

LOL I really never watched it. Just hack it off at the beginning and at the end and put up the intro. I was screwing around and just trying to get get as much movement as possible to see how much the capture card would degrade the quality. You have to give me props for the grenade toss at 2:28 though. grin

I hate Black Ops. Cant aim..and when I do manage to get my aiming on point, I might as well be shooting farts at people cuz my bullets don't do jack. Might be better off with a sling shot that shoots styrofoam peanuts. Its a major trial by fire. I have never played a COD game and Xbox is my first console system since Sega Genesis. All of my gaming has been on the PC so having to learn controller skillz sucks!

Its funny cuz I hear beach'n bout camping but my FPS experience comes from the sniper servers for UT4, where run & gunning was majorly frowned upon.

I did order up some cable adapters so I can hook up my PC headset. Will be nice to hear everything in my headphones so I can crank it up and my neighbors wont hate me.

I basically don't know how to do anything but die. I hate Black Ops....and yes I will be on tonight. smile

LOL, I was there last year rush. Being a pc player since CounterStrike came out, I only played PS2 sport games. After finally getting hooked into buying the ps3 and playing mw and mw2 I figured it wouldn't ever happen because I hated using the toggles to move n aim. Just dreaded it. Well, here I am now letting the PC rest and killing thousands of lowly pixels on my tv every night. smile

Turnup, so all the weapons are available right off the bat if you buy them upon Prestige? Am I reading that correctly? Cuz, I'm just not sure what i'd do w/o my commando headshooting everyone....

No, if you Prestige, you have to unlock them all over again.

I just finally unlocked that Commando yesterday - wow...very nice gun. Dumped my FAMAS in a hurry.

You guys use any optics with the Commando? So far I've just been using a silencer...been debating on going Warlord and adding some sort of optic sight.