• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Call of Duty: Black Ops

LMITOUT

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys all use assault rifles? I cant stand moving that slow even with lightweight and marathon. Its all bout the SMG's baby!

PM63 is fair, but I've had the best luck with the spectre with extended mags.

Decoys are the bomb, People are getting use to them now. at least on ps3.

I remember one night Hop and I camped it up and were using decoys. We had it set up so he had a first shot at some guys coming up a stairs after me and once he killed them we both knew they'd be coming back for him so I was wait at the stairs and shoot them as they tried to go back and forth to get us both!

My favorite is when I throw a random decoy and you get the guy that runs over to it. looks around looking for a guy but he cant see anyone and he is standing right next to the dot on the radar. Cracks me up every time.

Lately I've noticed the other team using them and its a big difference in sound from a real gun. Easy to be fooled but once you have a decoy go off against you you pick up fast whats real and fake.

I've also noticed that the second decoy makes a different sound than the first one. The 2nd is a much deeper and more realistic sounding then the first one which sounds kind of "tinny" or like a pop can with rocks rattling around.

The Stoner. grin Such a cool gun but poorly (I assume purposely) balanced and heavy to raise. Plus without extended mags you loads are spent rather prematurely. I think it is a col gun though, but where it was placed in the AR unlock list, I maybe ha too much expectations. It's a John Rambo meets "take a look at my little friend", mixed with a dash of Mary Poppins grin

Leech, the challenges are what gets you ahead rather quickly within the levels. Huge XP, but also gets you COD currency which is needed to unlock things right as they come to complete the challenges and get the XP. The downside is that I find I put too much effort in just this and next thing you know your final kills/deaths (can not watch it to even have a chance) is

5/27 because the default of switching mentally is to rush the FoToT. grin

Nelson your trick was literally patched last evening after you got off line. Sorry to say the You Tube video comments confirmed it. They took away the customization option when the D pad is tapped up after getting into split screen. frown This would explain the really horrible issues Andy and I were, maybe Larry & ADEMPT were on still, but after restarting and starting consoles and routers, nothing was fixing it and it was a huge mess. As a matter of fact that match we went the entire length with us 6 against just 1 person on the other team (we won by the way) was they start I believe. After that merging was a night nightmare if it would happen and it was almost like no one was on Live, but I think if you had weak connection you were tossed?

Darren I like this this care package glitch. grin You are like the Care Package Fairy or something. grin Downside is people are almost getting too generous with their care packages. grin Next thing you know when you agree to take one off their hands, about 3 other guys rush in and toss some of there building up stash for ya. Not a problem, but next thing you know you have 6 care packages laying around, at least one legit guy who felt it was a safe area and now is confused as to which one is his. The haters did a good job in MW2 because minus Dtro's multiple issues just last night, the downside is people pass, after the gathering of switch/dropping/confusion ends, we leave and one is always left. grin Then its a mad rush to get across the map and still no one is saying it officially is theirs cause we had creates stacked 3 high on top of each other. LOL! Good times.

This in fact true. I usually at the start lob a couple in one direct across the map and than run around the other way. once the people see on the map someone shooting instantly the whole team usually goes for it and since they cannot see a person shooting I am able to sneak up from behind and get some back stabber points.

Nope, I never drop more than 1 at a time. Dropping 2 or even 2 in the same spot spread out is like painting a bullseye on yourself. I have my killstreaks set to sam turret, care package and sentry gun...using hardline of course. So i can easily rack up 3 crates.

Then I find a spot and drop the sentry gun, reroll that and use whatever I get. Then go find another spot, drop the care package and reroll (if needed) and use. Then go to a third spot and I drop the turret and re-roll. Actually a lot of fun, until some smart arse teammate goes and steals one.

Even though I cannot kill them if they do that, just for spite, I will follow them around the entire rest of the match and make it very unpleasant for them shooting in their face, dropping grenades and making sure the enemy knows where they are.

LOL...yep go ahead and steal that crate.

we use to do that in mw2 when someone in the party got kicked. they would join session end up on the other team and wed take turns doing this some days. We shoot where the team was specially if camping and in one particular game I think it was DatbThunder was jumping around for the final kill and our whole team surrounded him.

Made for an interesting kill cam! Dtro, ever play hardcore? Ive had people on my team shoot me for care packages because they could never get one themselves.

Then I find a spot and drop the sentry gun, reroll that and use whatever I get. Then go find another spot, drop the care package and reroll (if needed) and use. Then go to a third spot and I drop the turret and re-roll. Actually a lot of fun, until some smart arse teammate goes and steals one.

I'm sure it works out that way everytime... lol. It's more like HEY DARREN, I have a care package, can you change it for me... Ahh $&%* you died, lol.

I need to gain that perk.

Nope, I never drop more than 1 at a time. Dropping 2 or even 2 in the same spot spread out is like painting a bullseye on yourself. I have my killstreaks set to sam turret, care package and sentry gun...using hardline of course. So i can easily rack up 3 crates.

I was talking about that match on Firing Range where the foreign guy was trying to gain Hardline Pro. I think it was towards the end of the match and you tossed one for me and one for you as I (tried grin) to stand point (or maybe I had a CP you were going to change for me and you had had your ownlol!). Next thing you know we had like 3 or 4 teammates throwing care packages in that little corner. The guy trying to unlock HL Pro tossed 2 or 3 alone and said "free Care Packages". The pile of up of Care Packages happened twice in that game. Once up by the jeep and upper firing target range where you were giving my one and right at the end down by the lower target firing range. Down by the lower firing range I do no think you threw any, at least none I was involved in. Our spawn switched to their and I remember seeing a stack of care packages three high ans then 2-4 scattered about and a group of the other teams sprayed away. grin

I will say the priority transfer over rate of the care package to it's rightful owner is lacking when compared to MW2. If you dropped the care package, showed up with a team mate or enemy sucking it up, in MW2 you got your CP. In less than a second I might add. Black Ops, even with no one around, to suck in your own care package seems to take way to long, not to mention it almost prioritizes the start of the transfer to someone stealing it. Maybe with Hard Line Pro this is the trade off and is built in? I did some quick looking> I am sure Darren and PI have seen this, but I wonder if this was fixed in the patch last night.

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

PI, Nelsons glitch (not a hack) when followed allow anyone at any level to change their Clan Tag color. This is a feature that is supposed to be unlocked at level 13 prestige. It started on Saturday and by Monday even level 6 non-prestige players had red, green, blue, or yellow clan tags. grin

My son last weekend was showing me a legit way you could go out of the map on Launch to snipe and how to do it with out the enemy knowing where you were. It was caused by some fowl up in the games software design or maybe a software designer or engineer coded it in as for the fact of knowing and as with anything it gets out. I was being told in a lobby Sunday or Monday when over hearing about this above deal being talked about that is considered hacking and you can get a ban on your console because of accessing it? This I would consider a glitch. If gaining this access involved a third party, via it be a tool, device or program, I would consider that a hack.

Shack,

You are pretty well correct on that. This would just be a Glitch, these guys are probably just not good at doing it or don't want others to do it so they say it will get you banned.

Haven't heard anything regarding ps3, I'd assume soo, but xbox is running a full getup for this weekend allowing gold passes and free access to some other whoopla. In the past, both platforms were usually good about doing this perk together during holidays so I'd expect it, but can't guarantee it.

So I got sick of sharing the internet while I tried playing today and decided to try this Port forward/DMZ stuff.

First off is port forwarding the same as DMZ?

Here is what I did today...

I set a static IP for my PS3, then went to my router set up, went to the gaming tab, clicked on the DMZ tab, enabled DMZ, then typed the IP I set for my PS3.

Is this essentially all I need to do? Im somewhat computer illiterate. Will this make my gaming expierence run smoother when someone is online using the PC?

it depends on what type of router your using.when i was playing mw2 my nat type was on strict when my wife was on comp.so i went and bought a gaming router and wow what a big diff.i can run 2 ps3 acomp and wifi for 2 phones.if you dont want to get a gaming router you can just hook up the ps3 right to the router and that should work just fine.

i have 1 that is wireless and 1 wired but i spent the extra money on a gaming router.that seemed to work very well.every1 is able to join me now.and my nat type on mw2 stays open.but i forked out $180 for the router.