• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Call of Duty: Black Ops

LMITOUT

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I picked up on this with MW2 and search & destroy (spawn spots are diffrent then TD, CtF, & others) with the tubers and then the knivers. Then watching my kids practice on split screen with each other tossing and noobin' from across the map. I guess it is all in the sky line markings. There is more precision to this than there is random happenstance. After the starting countdown finishes and the match starts, if you move at all, raise up the cross hairs quickly to a smudge in the sky or marking on a building behind the target and boom. Down goes first blood with your name up in lights. grin

I unlocked the commando last night and its toss up between the AK47 and that one now. When I think Ill be taking longer shots Ill go with the commando closer range Ill take the AK.

I found a submachine gun I like, too. The PM63, super accurate, lots of kills came running and gunning shooting right from the hip. Gotta throw on extended mags though.

I tried the flamethrower a bit and it is very good in close quarters. I dont think its very noobish it is balanced well. You dont get much fuel for it, doesnt have much range and if you do go with it you get no other attachments even with warlord.

anyone use the flamethrower yet? I played around with it last night. it's actually great for small spaces but is it looked at as the 'new' Noobtube?

They only get all jazzy about stuff that works, don't let them peeps on the other give you grief for using tools that work!! Burm 'em up!

Oh yeah!!

So I learned this last night....

Hardline Pro essentially lets the player "reroll" a package in hopes of a more desirable killstreak by double-tapping the action button (X or square) when near the crate. In PC version you have to press R two times.Hardline Pro works on all crates dropped by all killstreaks that require a package (like Sentry Gun crates), including those called in by others. Rerolling the contents in the package increases the chance of receiving a higher value killstreak when compared to the normal chances offered by the Care Package, but will typically not change the care package outcome radically (i.e. a Resupply will usually not change to anything more than a Spy Plane or Counter-Spy Plane. Note that while rerolling will always change the outcome of the carepackage, you cannot receive the same killstreak twice.

When this perk is chosen a vest is added to the player's character model.

Challenges to Upgrade to Pro:

Share 10 Care Packages with your Allies

Earn 7 killstreaks in one match using Hardline

Get 7 kills without dying in one match

Pretty darn cool. I have the Pro version and didn't even know I could do this. I will try it out tonight for sure as I'm tired of seeing Ammo droped from chopper.

Re: Care package roll...

I think it was either Sunday or Monday when I was playing I got a care package and one of the guys on my team said something about letting him roll the care package. I ignored him and captured the package and then he went off calling me this and that for not letting him roll the package. I had no clue what he was yapping about until I looked it up later.

We got an update today!

#

11/17 (full title update)

# · Improved matchmaking to find matches significantly faster

# · Improved matchmaking to ensure that players are more effectively matched to games with the best networking conditions

# · Improved host selection to ensure that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby

# · Improved party system to ensure that parties don’t get broken apart

# · Disable ability to join Private Match, Combat Training and Theater lobbies when searching for Player Match games

# · Server-side and game-side changes to decrease the amount of failed Film uploads

# · Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)

# · Prevention of Combat Training stats getting crossed with Player Match stats under rare conditions

# · Prevention of temporary loss of functionality when a button was being held down at the point of a disconnect

# · Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire

# · Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses

# · Additional online security enhancements

I was still having trouble. My PS3 locked up at the start of a match. I had the endless joining match circle for 5 minutes then I had to restart. After the restart, I couldn't join any matches through the invite system. I got some kind of message that said the host had an older version or something like that. Also, when I start the game and go to mulitplayer, it takes me about 2 minutes for my rank/emblem to appear and allow me to join a match. I know it's not my internet connection either. The COD servers must be really bogged down.

I was still having trouble. My PS3 locked up at the start of a match. I had the endless joining match circle for 5 minutes then I had to restart. After the restart, I couldn't join any matches through the invite system. I got some kind of message that said the host had an older version or something like that. Also, when I start the game and go to mulitplayer, it takes me about 2 minutes for my rank/emblem to appear and allow me to join a match. I know it's not my internet connection either. The COD servers must be really bogged down.

Sounds exactly like my woes. I don't understand having to wait 2 minutes for rank/emblem to appear in order to join a match. It is ridiculous. Also terrible is how the game keeps freezing on me. I almost threw the game in the garbage at one point yesterday evening, but then it went on to work almost flawlessly for the next 2 1/2 hours...and TOTALLY REDEEMED ITSELF! (well not really, I'm still pi$$ed off)

Dtro we had an update as well and let me tell you I thought it was WORSE than previous. The one thing that did work was leave with party. It worked 98% of the time.

We did lose deitz about 98% of the time too.

We ran into some lag, but not much. I noticed while finding a match it would find about 10 matches. versus what use to be about 50 potential.

I did have the match thing on locale only before and figured changing it back to default would help. But I was wrong.

I always love talking trash to the ten year old's and telling them santa clause is fake! Gets them EVERY time! He didn't last long in that lobby before he bolted!

Has anyone tried out the decoy's yet? Man did hop and I have fun yesterday. Normally I am a run and gun kinda guy but last night camping and using decoys was a blast!!!!!

Hop and I had it set up on a map, I forget which one where he was in a room looking up stairs and I was in the room the stairs led up to.

I set off a decoy in the room I was in and we each took turns picking off guys as they came after my decoy. For those of you who do not know what a decoy is??? Its just a tactical option where you get two decoys, they are like grenades. They make a bunch of noise like gun shots and the bounce and move around so it simulates gun fire and movement on the radar the enemy can see.

Try it out, its always good for a few easy extra kills. I would do it now before they figure out the different sounds of the decoys!

I got a couple helicopters and several care packages last night doing this.