• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New boots

I am looking for a new set of archery boots. More than likely the knee high type. I will want some insulation in then for temps down to zero.

What type of boots are you happy with? I would rather that they are not to overly heavy.

Anyone use the Mucc line of boots?

Thanks

Plus 1 for MUC. Got a new set of knee highs for christmas and I love them. THey are comfy and durable. Wear them Ice fishing, turkey hunting, will wear them for deer hunting as well. I had Lacrosse before that. They were comfy but wore out after a couple years use.

I haven't tried the muck boots yet, but I hear a lot of good things about them. Which ones would you guys recommed for temps in the ranges we see in Nov-- 0 to 35 or so?

I'd suggest looking at their HSOforum. Most of their boots are rated to -20 or even colder.

I can't exactly remember what type I have, I bought them probably 3 years ago. I think they were the Arctics.

The biggest problem with Mucks and the cold is if your feet sweat a lot, there's no where for that moisture to go so you can get cold feet pretty easily. On the other hand, they are a sinch to get on and off so putting a foot warmer in is a pretty simple task.

Edit: I have the Wetland Premium - Rated to -20

I strictly use the Cabela's line of knee highs. Not only do I use them for archery hunting but they are my sole boot that I wear for pheasant hunting in the snow/cold. 800 gram thinsulate are what both of my pairs are.

I have two pair of Lacrosse Alpha Burlys. Both of mine are uninsulated, but they sell em insulated up to 1000 gram. Since I bought them I have used them from bow opener all the way up to 3rd weekend of rifle season. I just bought one pair a size bigger so I could have room for socks. Its amazing how warm they are for how thin they are. Makes a guy wonder why the pac boots that are 5" thick are so popular? rubber boots are warm AND 100% waterproof---no brainer

Bigger's always better! Thanks LD and WW for your input. It is hard to believe that you can get any warmth from an uninsulated boot, but the combination of lighter and waterproof and less scent make them a no-brainer.

I have a pair of woody max muc boots. They were good the first season and now they leak. Coming apart at the seams,cuts all over the tops. They are not a very durable boot. I will be looking for something different for this season any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have a pair of woody max muc boots. They were good the first season and now they leak. Coming apart at the seams,cuts all over the tops. They are not a very durable boot. I will be looking for something different for this season any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm running the Lacrosse Alpha Burly's that were already mentioned. I've got the heavily insulated variet and they are probably almost 10 years old and still waterproof and in perfect shape. I don't do much in them besides walking to and sitting in a treestand though. Most often when I drag deer out I go back to the truck and change into my street clothes and hiking boots so I don't permanently stink up my hunting gear.

I have a pair of the Woody Max and I have been very pleased with them.....I used them for deer hunting and ice fishing season and they have held up very well.....I also bought a pair of their camp boots and I couldn't be happier with their product......I would guess that walking through alot of brush with their knee highs they would take a beating but I always pull my pants over them so the pants take the beating instead of the boot!!

Muck boots are easy to fix if you get a tear. Just fix Like you would neoprene waders and you are good to go. Mine have been through a many miles of nasty blowdowns and brutal deer drives and a little shoe go fixes them up nicely.