• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sprint uses Verizon towers

I think you'd be surprised at who actually has the better coverage, as rated by independent parties. wink

Maybe people will finally begin to catch on instead of believing old wive's tales. Until then I'll enjoy my cheaper plan and superior coverage. wink Just trying to help you guys out!

You could certainly have the opinion that Sprint is the best plan for YOU and where you travel or that it has good service"for the money", but you will never convince me that sprint has the best cover age overall in Minnesota.

sprintmap.gif

The gray areas are roaming areas and the white is no service at all.

Those maps are a bit deceiving. For instance, look at the middle of ND. It's gray which you say indicates roaming. My phone doesn't roam in that area and I can get data to boot while I'm in the middle of nowhere (yeah, insert ND joke here) while out pheasant hunting. Why? Because it's using Verizon and/or Alltel towers that Sprint has agreements with to use which eliminate roaming.

I'm not trying to convince that X is better than Y......as I said earlier, whatever works best for your particular needs. But, I also know there has been a stigma with Sprint that people have a difficult time overlooking and they really should take an unbiased gander on the other side of the fence to see that things aren't what they used to be. I thought the same thing, guilty as charged, until I tried it and found out otherwise. If Sprint didn't work I surely wouldn't be staying with them and would have switched to VZ a long time ago. Sprint is treated like the red-headed stepchild of cell carriers, mostly unwarranted, but that's fine. Different strokes for different folks!

As far as the phone is concerned it's talking to a native tower. My bill too. smile

Does anybody get charged for roaming anymore? Remember back in the day when that was a big deal? I also remember only having 60 minutes on the first plan I ever had. Back then it was say what you had to say and then hang up! Now people go on and on and on...... grin

I remember the roaming deal. When I got my first cell phone I was amazed to see that I could pay extra and get a no-roam plan. I think it was like 200 minutes. Going to school in ely I was all about that. it was either cell-one or verizon up there and verizon was the only one that really worked at my cabin.

I remember my roomate had some kind of magnetic antena from a car that he could get a signal with if he set it up just right. Lol it was so funny to watch him set that up.

They were just starting up digital there and in a lightning storm the brand new digital tower got knocked out so it was analog for a month after that.

Funny thing is that I kept going up in minutes but now that I text I have gone back down. I used to have the 900 minute plan but now I text and email so much its at the least minutes possible. I think I used 100 minutes last month and had 3k texts. Besides texts, internet has taken up the slack from the minutes. Crazy how it changes so fast.

I remember a $350 bill after a week of duck hunting in NoDak! hahaha! That hurt! smile Back in the old days of ATT, now ATT won't work over there where I go... it is quite peacefull actually wink