• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MMA

The Grebe

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got some FREE MMA coming up both Saturday and Sunday night. UFC stuff on Saturday, finalists from the UFC series and a couple of others, Hamil and Jardine are the headliners I think?

The WEC stuff is on Sunday. Sunday should have the better bouts with Jamie Varner headlining.

i've seen some recent training vids, interviews and an interview with randy couture about brock(randy was training with him). from all i've seen hes even better than before and at 100%. with his new diet he seems a little slimmer but all that means is he doesn't have to cut quite as much at the weigh ins, hes still a monster.

That should be a goodun for as long as it lasts...which I don't believe will be very long. I don't think we will see a round two! Stand up with Carwin, ground and pound with Lesnar...just depends on who lands first. Might get down to who is the luckiest on that night?

So Fedor lost tonight. He was in full attack mode and was almost caught in a triangle/armbar 2-3 times, but just kept at it, wouldn't let up. He finally did get caught in the armbar.

I always thought he was beatable and to me it didn't seem like he was fighting real high octane fighters like they have in the UFC? I seen some of those guys wear him out pretty good before he finally got em and sometimes it seemed like he was just a bit luckier the his opponent, in winning the fight.

Fedor can fight, don't get me wrong, but like any of those guys, they can be beat. He has been at the top for a long time...about 3-4 times longer then most, maybe he is in decline, it's not like it doesn't happen. How old is Fedor anyways? Maybe the armor is getting some chinks in it?

Just watched the fight and have to say that while he did get beat, it wasn't like it was because he was dominated. He JUST about knocked that guy out and got caught in the triangle. He slipped the first 2 attempts at the arm bar, but got caught on the 3rd. I feel it is just like Brock getting caught in the ankle lock by Mir. It can happen to the best of them.

Thats how it starts, with the first one. The Ice Man started with one and started on a down hill slide from there. Guys were knocking him out left and right. Fedor can really take it though, he has shown that...no glass jaw there! Lets hope it was just a quirk.

I didn't think Fedor was even close to knocking that guy out. If you watch the slow motion replays Werdum wasn't even really hit. He acted like it, and Fedor followed in and just wouldn't back off. He basically fell into Werdum's trap.

fedor just got reckless/careless and paid for it, thats about all there is to it. in a rematch fedor wins.

brock & carwin tonight, i'm stoked! carwin has a punchers chance otherwise brock beats him in over all athletisism. brock is faster, has better wrestling, has more raw strength, better cardio and is the bigger man. i don't care what carwin says on it, if this fight goes any length he will gas hard.