• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bow for girl

slayer21

My girlfriend has never hunted before but has watched me shoot and has shot my moms bow. She now would like to at least shoot with me.wondering about a good starter bow..she can pull 40lbs with alittle help so i think with a few weeks pulling she would be ready for a 40lb bow..dont know how much i want to spend since i will never know if she will stick with it..any suggestions would be great.or if anyone has one they want to get rid of just let me know

My wife started 2 years ago and I started her out with a Parker, about $350-400 out the dodr with everything. That same set-up at a store that starts with a big C has them on sale for the package for about $250.

She has recently upgraded to a Diamond Razor's Edge this year and a sweet bow that is for about $350, without relaease or arrows, had them alrady.

Bow the bows she has owned are small frame bows designed for youth and ladies.

Go shoot them!

Slayer- go to another archery sight and look under women and youth bows. There are many that would suite your needs. My daughter shoots a Parker Micro Phenoix. It is a singl cam bow. I think there is one set up and ready to shoot for a very reasonable price- Do a search on Parker Micro phenoix(it has been for sale for a long time).

It is a single cam bow and it shoots very nice without much noise or shock.

It has draw modules that come in 1" incraments- shooting off the string or with a D-loop should get you setup in the proper draw range.

There are many good used setups just be patient and make sure you are comfortable with any deal you make. When in doubt back out.

Good Luck

Steve

Mathews passion are nice bows, but not for beginners, unless money isn't an issue. Last I checked they were more expensive than half of mathews line. I'd go with the small frame bow from diamond. Can't beat their prices with a stick

All good suggestions so far. The most important thing is to get something that fits her well and she can draw comfortably. I'd probably consider used and if she really enjoys it, then let her pick out something she likes, afterall, looks are important!

I've always been anti mathews for my own personal reasons, but looked at upgrading the fiances bow to a mathews passion. Call me a hypocrite, but it seemed like a perfect bow for her! On the same line, I'm feeling the urge to pull the trigger on my new destroyer 340 or 350. Leaning towards the 340, more brace height!! Bowtech or bust!!

She's wanted a new bow for a while, but told her she had to bag with her bow before she could upgrade. After shopping today, looks like I'll be putting two fine bows up for sale!

I would highly suggest checking out the Diamond Edge. I bought one for my fiance a few years ago and it's a perfect fit. It's a nice lightweight package that comes with all the essentials, ie. sight, rest, peep, d-loop. It is also very draw length adjustable so it would be and easy resell. The package was $299, tack on $40 for a release and $40 for half dozen arrows and she'll have a nice setup for under $400.

All good suggestions so far. The most important thing is to get something that fits her well and she can draw comfortably. I'd probably consider used and if she really enjoys it, then let her pick out something she likes, afterall, looks are important!

I totally agree. Go with one that fits well and used would work fine. I will say I would probably buy a good used bow at a archery shop to make sure the limbs and parts are good.

One could purchase a used bow from a private party but you could also end up with a bow that has issues and could cost a bit to get it into shooting form.

A new bow is great but they do run a bit more. I would not get to hung up on a certain brand as many companies have great bows.

i got a bow off the internet late last fall, because my wife has want to give it a shot. got a high country bow, whisker bisquit, and sights for less than 250 shipped to my door and the bow is an 07 or 08 model. they are out there keep looking,

Thanks for all the info guys. Ended up going with the diamond edge. got a good deal on a used one all set up. went and shot at sheels to get it set up for her.. first shot drilled the pictures on the left side of the wall..after that she had a nice little group in about a foot circle not bad after the first one..she is loving the bow