• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ideas for UND new nickname

cbrooks

I've heard alot of suggestion so far. Some are pretty humerous but the only name that seems fitting is none. Just plain University of North Dakota. No logo. I've heard alot of funny ones. I'll like to hear any suggestion. Go aheard gopher fans try to offend the Sioux fans winkgrin

Since the Red River flows north, we in Fargo just called them the Siouxage (Sewage). After all, we all know what runs down hill. grin

How about the:

UND Sandbaggers

UND Flood Fighters

UND Dikes

Since the Red River flows north, we in Fargo just called them the Siouxage (Sewage). After all, we all know what runs down hill. grin

How about the:

UND Sandbaggers

UND Flood Fighters

UND Dikes

Oh no. We have a Bison on here. I can't wait to play you guys in football again. I think we were the last ones with the Nickel trophy, right.

How about the:

UND Sandbaggers

UND Flood Fighters

UND Dikes

As a former Bison....I like all of these!

I can't wait for the future trash talking we'll have once football gets its LONGEST rilvary back(I bet not alot of people knew that). Its a shame that we have to wait but it will happen. Hey, we own you guys the last few years on those games. You bet we'll bring the Nickel back. I rooted for the Bison when they had all there success going D1. I really miss those games.

Oops sorry to hijack the thread. I get a little antsy in the pantsy whenever the old UND-NDSU rilvary comes up.

Oh no. We have a Bison on here. I can't wait to play you guys in football again. I think we were the last ones with the Nickel trophy, right.

Lots of Bison on here! I couldn't agree more- I'd love to see a football match up.

How about we just call them the UND Politically Corrects. How what a crock this whole deal is. Are they booted out of the hockey rink now? I thought that was a precondition of using the rink was keeping the name...

There's alot of new developments happening everyday regarding this name change. The most recent is the Spirit lake tribe asking Governor Hoven to step in to stop the name change. Its important for people to know that the Native Americans aren't the ones that decided to change the name recently. It was the NCAA & Sudent Board of Higher Education.

Are they booted out of the hockey rink now? I thought that was a precondition of using the rink was keeping the name...

Nope!

The last thing Ralph Englestad would have wanted is to have the Sioux Hockey team kicked out of the Ralph. It's kind of an ole wives tale slash scare tactic is all!

Technically the Englestad trust could do what-ever they want but booting the Hockey team out over the name changes is not going to happen.

I agree with PB.

I know that UND is feeling the pinch with Alumni money. There was to be a few new buildings that were suppose to be built this summer on campus that is being funded by alumni money that is put on hold.

I have a feeling that the Sioux will be able to keep their name. The Board of Higher Education might have done you a favor and decided to make the decision for everyone. This seems to have rallied Spirit Lake and the UND alum. Good luck Sioux fans, I hate you all but I'm on your side! smile

I have a feeling that the Sioux will be able to keep their name. The Board of Higher Education might have done you a favor and decided to make the decision for everyone. This seems to have rallied Spirit Lake and the UND alum. Good luck Sioux fans, I hate you all but I'm on your side! smile

Hope you right. There's a couple of hoops to jump through the NCAA being the big one. Your one of the few Bear that gave credit to SBoHE for pushing this. Maybe they are the smart ones.

UND in case people don't know is trying to go D1, last year was there first year going Division 1. One of the challenges of going D1 is finding a conference so you can fill a schedule. To make a long story short the NCAA has use this nickname against. They have the power of giving approval for a school to enter a conference. You can see the delima that UND has. They ultimatly need the NCAA approval or UND's other programs will struggle.