• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How Old

He don't see 'um cause we're just camoflaged better grin I'm 52, my last hunt last year was just after x-mas and -4 outside, I won't be taken it to that extreme any more but I got my deer and learned not to pass up those earlier shots, in my case shot. You don't even wanna know how long it took me to clean that doe. Yea my draw weight is probably gonna come down some too whistle

Tom

Originally Posted By: Scoot
Anyone else amuzed by the fact that a guy named "snoozebutton" is up posting at 4:21 in the morning?!? smile

Or one name "Scoot" isn't off doing some thing yet! laugh

Touche' teacher!

I'll be 53 next archery season, and I don't anticipate any problems getting into any of my stands. The ladder stands are the only way to go when you're older, if you're not sitting on the ground in a blind. Apparently, there are still a few "old farts" out hunting with a bow. grin Gets me out of the house and gives the wife something to tease me about when I come home at night with another story about the day's hunt.

I'm 53 and just bought my lifetime archery license two years ago, it will take me 13 years at the present cost for it to pay for itself, but I plan on being out bow hunting if I'm healthy. No more screw-in trees steps though, ladder stands or ground blinds for me.

I think one of the reasons we lose older bow hunting is because bowhunting is lot of work - bow practice, knocking on doors, scouting, hanging stands, plus you need to get out hunting more, as you get older you don't have that drive. Gun hunting you can still shoot a deer by sitting on a chair by a tree, not much effort required there.

43 still climb quite well & hunt more than ever. I plan to bowhunt until I can't do it anymore. Not sure when that will be of course, if I'm like my Dad I know he could do it at 67, but he's never had the patience for bowhunting. I feel like I'm still improving a lot every year.

One of the reasons that I'm attracted to bowhunting at my age is that now I have more time. When my kids were younger, there wasn't any interest in hunting from them, so that limited the amount of time I had to hunt. Now that they're older and off to college and joining PETA grin, I've got the time and the patience to scout and not worrying about getting home by a certain time. The older I get, the more I appreciate my time outdoors and realize that it's not forever anymore. I'm around noise all day and look forward to sitting quietly for a few hours before dusk. Even when I can't climb, I think I'll still sit in a ground blind. I can always read when things get slow.