• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BF: Bad Company 2

GatorBait

I know there are people playing it. I've played every BF game ever made available and I'm hearing great things about this on the PS3. Let me know your thoughts and conclusions of it thus far....I'm highly thinking of picking it up.

I have not played the demo yet. I just figure MW2 is all I need right now for combat type of gaming. Maybe I am missing out? With Dtro's recommendo I think I have chosen well with just sticking to MW2. wink

I have seen it Dtro but have passed it up because of my involvement in MW2. laugh

I am not sure who was first on the block, but I figured it was COW and since I am such a dedicated type of guy, you know~ yada yada~! wink

Maybe I will give it a try. Plus GB's interest has my interest peaked now. grin

I've been playin bc2 a lot lately and love it.I play only on the pc but this game is fun and you actually have to work as a team like previous battlefield games. Battlefield and modern warfare 1 and 2 are totally incomparable in my eyes. I do love cod4 and still play this a lot. Modern warfare 2 must be alot better for consoles because it was a total fail in the pc world if they would've only used dedicated servers can't stand p2p [PoorWordUsage].

I heard it has destructible environment. My buddy was in a house and a tank was blowing up all the walls until the house fell with him in it. I was like wow that sounds crazy and fun. I haven't picked it up though - I have MW2:)

I loved it! Played it for about 5 hours at a buddy's house a little while ago and was REAL impressed. I like the fact that you actually need to work as a team. MW is entirely a solo game, there's absolutely no teamwork or stradegy (sp?). I do think MW is a better-developed game, but I like the style of BF more.

MW2 graphics are better but I like the fact that you have to work as a team if you want to win in BC2. Also like the huge maps compared to MW2. Lots of cover to hide and snipe but the cover can be destroyed as well. I also like that on BC2 you can basically light up the enemies for everyone on your team to see. Both great games. It depends on whether you want to work as a team or run and gun on your own.

Ya, i've been enjoying it alot. I've played every bf game ever made and even was wrapped up into the development of BF1942 mod Desert Combat for the PC which was huge back in the day. So I expect nothing less than what I thought. Big maps have always been the style, as it should be. Plenty of hiding for us snipers, I have and always will be that camping sniper that no one finds. Part of the game that I enjoy alot. I do agree that graphics are better on MW2, but it's nothing that bad, if the graphics sucked, I would have put the game down already. Explosions, buildings falling, missle strikes, evading tanks, there just isn't a dull moment in this game. Plenty of weapon choices, with different mods, vehicle upgrades, personal gear upgrades. My only complaint about the whole game is the UAV station placements on some maps. It's impossible to get on some of those in a conquest match, they just seem to be placed on to well of traveled paths.

I made the switch to BF.. A lot more team involvement and strategic. I like the fact that you can be a medic, engineer, recon/sniper, or assualt class. Like others have mentioned, the graphics are not the best, but the gameplay makes up for it.. I didn't like the demo as much, but the game is much better (maybe its just that one map).

I tried so many times with COD.. I think i only got it because of the hype.. Graphics are gorgeous and kill streaks are awesome..

But theres always that one player who plays the game like its their job, but instead collects unemployment (I know people who do this).. I am not 40 kills good but I do around 15ish, but it sucks when you play that one dude who sits in front of the tv all day, when i only get 2-3hrs a day at most.. I guess what im trying to say is BF feels more balanced, and not always about the number of kills but instead the number of heals or tanks repaired lol.. Then you have the people who throw the "N" word around 3x in one sentence.. Makes the game feel like a more "mature" Halo 2 crowd..

I see myself actually playing this game for months, like back in the Ghost Recon days.

Did somone say Ghost Recon?

That game (the original) turned me into a Zombie because of how much I played it.

Funny because, the graphics sucked, but the gameplay and the menu system were pretty solid.

...and I actually preferred the "push to talk" function. You could actually hold a conversation.

Haha.. Ghost Recon ftw.. I actually jumped on the wagon with GRAW 2.. Many many college nights with this one (of course only on the weekdays). Agreed with the push button.. People actually said things that would matter lol. Kind of off topic but they are working on a new one.. Check out the new demo, Ghost Recon Future Soldier.