• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bowtech bows

mrklean

I am thinking about getting a second bow, i have my truth 2 for deer hunting and i was looking for something with a little more speed. I was looking at bowtech bows have heard nothing but great things about them, just looking for some feedback from you guys.

I've owned three Bowtechs and I loved them. My 07 Commander is still the nicest bow I ever owned. If I didn't get a great deal on a new bow, I'd have never gotten rid of that rig... This year's Bowtechs look and feel amazing to me.

I cant say Ive heard anything bad from them except the limb recall a few years back on one of their bows. Other than that I love my allegiance and cant see myself parting with it for a while. I have a couple relatives that bought Bowtechs and Diamonds a few years ago and they really like them so far too. I cant believe how smooth there center pivot bow models shoot, that will probably be my next bow when I do decide to upgrade. BTW what model are you looking at buying?

im looking at a used Guardian an 07 for $300, just as a second bow pretty much, it looks to be in great condition for being almost 3 years old its either a bowtech, or a Xforce and they are still pretty spendy for a 09 have found a few good deals but havent went on one yet.

$300 for a 07 Guardian is a good price. It is draw length adjustable with mods that are easy to get. I am fighting with my sons draw length at this time. He is inbetween mods on an older Darton. It needs a press to change out the draw length. I am getting closer to dropping the $ and picking up an Guardian, Tribute or Alligiance for him. I am also following an 05 Old Glory and if the price is right I may pick it up for him but it is cam specific as far as draw lengths go.

I picked up an 07 Guardian last winter for $350 that was not set up until Oct 08. The old Sportsmans Wharehouse was selling the 07 Guardians(New) for $549 in the fall of 08.

I will bet that Guardian becomes your go to bow and the Truth 2 ends up as backup. wink Smooth and Quite- Dead in hand after the shot.

Later

Steve

The only thing I would worry about with buying a Bowtech (used) is the limb recall on certain models. If you are looking at one of those models I would be sure to know if the limbs are under recall, if they are - have they been replaced, and if not, would you still be eligible to get them replaced under the recall or would Bowtech honor their warranty if you had limb problems (because warranties wouldn't transfer from the first owner I wouldn't think). You can be seriously injured if your bow "explodes" because of limb defects.

Other than that, I would have no issues with buying a Bowtech, people seem to really like them.

The only recall was in '08 on the General I believe. I have the General. Bought it because I felt it was the best all around hunting bow on the market in '08. The Bow Techs are sooooo smooooooth. After shooting one every other bow seems to shake like a freight train. They do have a differnt draw cylce that seems to bother some of the Mathews guys that are use to the solo cam cylce.

Concerning the limb recall. I failed to get mine replaced due to my location (5 hours from a dealer). It sounded like the chances of limb failure were minimal. Well mine failed at full draw. Should have saw it coming. The bow had an occasional creak which I thought was odd. Also, the day the limbs failed the bow was throwing an occasional arrow with less velocity. I thought it was my shooting at the time. Well the top limb busted right up by the cam. Luckily I wasn't hurt. It happened so fast! Let me tell you, a bow with $1500 into looks like its worth $2 when the string and cam is laying on the ground.

Bow Tech let me send the bow in to have it fixed since a dealer was not near by. I had a few problems result from the failure and then more problems stemmed from that. However, besides needing string and cable replacement most of the problems were due to work being done by a shop that really had no business working on Bow Tech (they are a Mathews Dealer) The older bow presses do not work well on Bow Techs or their followers like PSE. It was a headache, but now the bow is back to good and as accurate as ever. Customer service is important to me. I guess I was somewhat satisfied with them in the end.

Haven't shot the 2010 bows yet, but last year I still thought Bow Tech was putting out top bows. Their saying "Refuse to Follow" applies.

My oldest son and I both shoot tomkats and love them.Wife and triplets all shoot diamond edge also great bows for the price

All of our bows are fast and smooth for the price.can't go wrong with bowtech

Mossy

I own and shoot 3 bowtechs every week,I have been shooting for along time and have not found a better company in this industry I have delt with there warranty department once and had my new limbs on in 5 days. I am not one sided in the equipment and like too shoot the best in the market that fits and feels good for me I shoot all the new bows every year and it just happens too be that the bow I walked away with the last few years has been a bowtech.