• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV downsides

Rippinlip

2008 Yamaha 400 Big Bear IRS. I like everything on the machine and love the semi-auto clutch tranny TILL I put my big monster winter boots on . It can be hard to get the toe under the shifter to change gears especially when the slush coming through the floor boards builds up .

TD

2006 Yamaha 450 Kodiak - great wheeler, but hate the squeeking rear brakes when cold! Stock tires sold with it are weak as well, but I haven't had a problem keeping up in the mud with others, so haven't spent the funds to upgrade.

honda foreman '09 FM 500. Cold blooded as well. Could you put th primer in a worse spot???? Handle bars seem over loaded and its very difficult to install a windshield, winch control, and gps mount. Still, would never buy anything other.. Old man owns the bullet proof honda 300 '99 and has never been in the shop once!

06 Polaris 800 EFI camo/winch/plow.

The only thing I don't like about it other than costing close to $10K new is every year it's needed a new battery. It's only used in the Winter and it's got 240 miles on it.

Recently had a cut off switch installed which should take care of needing a new battery every year.

The previous atv a 02 Polaris 700 Twin was nothing but trouble. Over $3,500 in warranty work (5yr warranty) and it was running rough again when stolen.

The previous atv a 02 Polaris 700 Twin was nothing but trouble. Over $3,500 in warranty work (5yr warranty) and it was running rough again when stolen.

Maybe the thief got what he deserved, and hopefully you were insured and came out alright!

'07 Honda Rincon. Wouldn't mind an extra gear or two and a front locker would be nice. Also wish it came with a front bumper and a 2" receiver. It uses the engine oil for the transmission, so in cold weather it takes a while to warm up enough to get it going, but it's not a huge problem. I guess a slightly larger front rack would be nice too. I find these to be minor problems and would definitely buy one again.

1995 Yahmaha Timberwolf 250CC I bet no one can beat that! I love that little bike, it has been driven hard over the years and keeps coming back for more. I just wish it was 4x4, and I wish it had a pullstart for winter use. But man its a fun fast little machine.