• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

American Idol 2010

Bigbartguy

ok, I'll kick this off. I'm pretty excited by some of the performances that I saw last night, and most of them played guitar as well!

*big personal trainer guy with Waiting on the World to Change -good but not sure if he'll go the distance

*blond girl with the Kara song - SPECTACULAR! ready to go pro

*neck tatoo guy with the version of Straight Up GREAT!

*dreadlock girl with the classic song GREAT!

*blond ponytail blues guitar guy -GREAT!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree paceman. I was really not impressed with any of the women last night. There was not one who made me say "wow" you have a chance to win this". Hopefully the guys do better tonight.

It seems like the last few years its turning more into a fashion and glamor contest than a pure singing talent show. Its too bad because the past has brought out some amazing artists.

Well this weeks performances were better than last weeks. Some pretty decent perfomances by both the boys and girls. After tonight it will be down to the top 16 and it should finally heat up pretty good. I see a girl winning it this year. Nobody on the men's side has made an impression on me.

ok, I'm sure nobody reads my stuff on this.. but been doing this for a few years now.. so will give my opinion.. I rarely listen to the judges, I DVR it and only listen to the singers till we get to the bottom 12 or so.. ANYWAY.. here is my opinion before listening to the results show.. which I am taping right now..

Dudes first. in order...

Michael-Dude has range, will be around for a while, but will not win. Very good, and could be a surprise near the end?

John-You can not to John mayer better than JM.. Way pitchy, could be gone for sure....

Casey-Took a step back, Will not be out, but was not as great this week. Dude however can play guitar!!!!!

Alex-Needs a haircut, but will last this week and a few more maybe.. But will need more like tonight to survive..

Todrick-Why the chick songs? Good song for him but not a good performance.. But was good enough to stay.

Jermaine- Bad hair, bad stash, bad outfit, good song!!!!bad performance.. Probably gone..

Andrew-I love this guys voice, reminds me of Amos Lee. But tonight was rough.. at best.. Hpe his tallent keeps him in.

Aaron-He seems 4 years old.. reminds me of David A... but less tallented.. but good enough to make it this week.

Tim--Gone.. nuff said..

Lee Not good, but good enough. Should be glad that Tim-John-Jermaine were so bad..

Of the dudes, my guess is Jermaine and Tim.. but it would not surprise me to add John and lee into the mix...

GIRLS...

Crystal-the one to beat for this season..

Haley-could be good some day, but not today.. could be gone..

Lacey Cute look, voice is not as good as the look.. could go home

Katie Smart song, she is good but does not do it for me.. Too young still yet.. Will survive this week, but not many more.

Didi-Good, will make it, but will not win. Sounds too much like the girl from last season and adell.

Michell- Could go home!!! was not good!

Lilly Good!!! will be around for a while! Right up there with Crystal.

Kaitlyn. Did not blow me away, but good enough.. will stick around.

Paige Ditto above, but slightly worse, but saved by other not so good performances.

Siobhan---does not do it for me at all.. maybe makes it though? Maybe?

My vote for bottom 2..

Lacey and Siobahn.. but you can throw Haley in there pretty easy, Paige too.

ok, need to watch results show.

Ok.. pretty much nailed the dudes..

Was not feeling Danny G.. and I was a big fan!!!

Girls I did not do as well on.. Michele was horrible on her performance and in hind sight should have picked her.. I just hated Siobhan and Lacey so much.. missed how bad she was...did her looks blind me? I hope not as she is not that hot!

I did pick the final 2.. and was fine with either gone.. I really think Haley could be good in the long run.. But need s a few years to mature.

Ok, another week done. Weird that this season is not as popular as it seems like many can win.. no real out front runner.. '

Girls first from this week.

Katie-Flat, out of tune, never recovered. GONE!

Siobahn-Ihated her last week, but will survive this one.

Caitlyn-Bad song choice,, IMO, Skip the piano thing.Could be gone, but may make it.Not in my bottom 2, but close..

Didi-Good, But still too much like Adel. Safe.

Paige UGgggg. Boring and out of Tune, GONE!!!!

Crystal-Wow.. The one to beat!!!!

Lilly- What the F did she have hanging from her ears?.. And why do I care.. but that was way bad.. I honestly didnt hear her sing, too busy looking at the [PoorWordUsage] from her ears.. But probably saved by other suckage.. .

For the women.. Katie S and Paige are gone...

Men are not as clear cut.. for the women there in my opinion were two worst.. clear cut.. done.. for the men. maybe not so..

Lee-Is one I could see out.. was flat. but decent. But may be safe.

Alex-Is another I could see gone.. He didnt change it at all, but was good! Probably safe.

Tim-Great song.. but maybe not for him, and maybe not for AI.. confused.. could also be gone.. but dont know.

Andrew.. Love him, but again, could be gone. I'm clueless.. the song was simple..

Casey- Safe.. And to be honest will not matter.. will make the moolah in the industry. Just a matter of time.Safe this week.

AAron.. Gone.. my only real statement.. He is my one for sure of the two.. But if enough under 14's vote could be safe..

Todrick- dunno, was good probably safe. . Really killed the performance..

Mike.. Had I guessed before he sang... I would have guessed gone.. but wow.. Killed it.. safe for sure!!!

So, Guys.. dunnow.. just a craps shoot.. Aaron and Lee are the two I would choose.

I missed the ladies night so I had no idea who would get booted. Not to surprised to see the two guys go that went. Now down to the final 12. The real competition begins. I am kind of impressed by Big Mike and Crystal.

Its official; Idol has "jumped the shark!". I just saw on MSN that Miley Cyrus will be mentoring the singers. HUH?!?!?!?!? Good grief. No Paula, next year no Simon, and now this. Good night America, thanks for the good run...

uggg, it was ugly last night.. Just when I thought that the talent this year was far better than years past... It was flat out ugly last night. If we go on last nights performance.. Paige has to go.. it was maybe worse than Shangia or whatver his names worst performance. Just plain bad..

I finally got to watch a Tuesday show. I thought last night was actually pretty good. The boys are doing much better than I thought. Crystal is still the front runner though. Bottom three for me were Jorvan (sp), DiDi, Tim. I really thoguht that Lee did the best. Usher had some really good tips/pointers for the group.